• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

8/23 TORCS Goertz Ranch ride day

Sweet riding once the mud dissipated. Super traction. Great venue. Thanks to all for your efforts and to thanks for posting it here.

Sweet riding once the mud dissipated. Super traction. Great venue. Thanks to all for your efforts and to thanks for posting it here.
It was a great day to ride a motorcycle!

Glad you enjoyed it, Goertz is a great property. Unfortunately the whole trail wasn't marked so alot of folk missed out on some fun stuff.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Wish I could have attended especially since it rained. Dad requested (more like a demand) we circle the wagons to repair the Dozer wiring harness that was ingested by rats. It was not nearly as fun as riding, but Dad's a happy camper. We did get to eat a our local favorite Leona's General Store. If you haven't tried it I highly recommend.

It was a great day out there, been multiple times so knew where the other trails were and we rode them as well. Dont know how we missed you Samuel and or Phil

It was a great day out there, been multiple times so knew where the other trails were and we rode them as well. Dont know how we missed you Samuel and or Phil
****! Sorry we missed each other, it was a good turnout.
We were set up right by the porta pottys.

We ended up riding the whole place but alot of folks missed out without a guide.

****! Sorry we missed each other, it was a good turnout.
We were set up right by the porta pottys.

We ended up riding the whole place but alot of folks missed out without a guide.

Figures, we were at the other end of the lot

Been riding Goertz, TSCEC and HS events all over TX since '72. I can't think of any other family and ride area anywhere that even comes close to providing smiles for folks. The Goertz family should be in a Hall of Fame somewhere for what they have done for the offroad sport. Awesome property, awesome family!

The traffic jam video made me go, "Yep, good thing I didn't go."

Ended up riding out at Time 2 Ride yesterday. Lots of fun.

The traffic jam video made me go, "Yep, good thing I didn't go."

Ended up riding out at Time 2 Ride yesterday. Lots of fun.
I assume it was the mud you were glad to have avoided. I don't think the traffic would have been a problem for most of the time but I could be wrong.

I wanted to go, but like you, decided 7 hours round trip in the car was a bit much.

I like T2R but it's a pretty small place and the trail is pretty short. Then again, I guess it's kind of like a track. You can just do lap after lap and work on lines, braking markers and corners. Maybe not as interesting as a big park in terms of learning to read varied terrain for miles but also a good place to go and work on specific skills through repetition.

I rode out there all day and only encountered a couple of times that we were caught behind a group and it was easy to work around them. Yes there
were a lot of riders but with groups going out constantly then rolling back in and there being an intermediate and expert marked area it was easy to separate or get around riders

People at these ride days usually are great about easing over to let quicker riders by, generally when you see these spots its one of two things someone has gone down or a group bringing a new rider through an area it usually clears out in a few minutes or they pull to the side and let everyone though

I rode out there all day and only encountered a couple of times that we were caught behind a group and it was easy to work around them. Yes there
were a lot of riders but with groups going out constantly then rolling back in and there being an intermediate and expert marked area it was easy to separate or get around riders

People at these ride days usually are great about easing over to let quicker riders by, generally when you see these spots its one of two things someone has gone down or a group bringing a new rider through an area it usually clears out in a few minutes or they pull to the side and let everyone though

That's exactly what I experienced.

The video and pics I've seen looked EPIC. Ya'll had some perfect conditions with that rain.

I always pull over for faster riders, and hope slower riders do the same.

I was riding with doc, Daniel and Allison from 812 suspension, Allison is still learning and we rode her pace. At one point a guy got in a big hurry and passed her in a way doc took issue with. Instead of yelling at the guy or being aggressive, he rode at 50% caught, passed and dropped him. Then apologized to Allison for leaving the group behind and explained the point he was demonstrating. Just because someone is riding slow doesn't always mean they are slow. Always try to pass folks on a trail ride politely. You never know who it may be!

So far it was the best day I've ever had on two wheels, that is until next time!

Yep, you generally will hear a faster riding coming up, I always move over either if I hear their motor or them give a quick hoot. I usually find at everyplace I ride the same
kind of respect for fellow riders.

There will always be that one guy who is sure if he does not get past you in the most dramatic way KTM or Husky will not take notice and sign
him right up since Kalib Russell is retiring

I checked they are not interested in 58 year old rookies so I ride as fast as my friends are going or as fast as I feel comfortable whichever works for me that day

Sander was that you on that XR400 that looked like it just rolled off the showroom? Man it was sweet made me miss mine

Back