• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

88 CR250 rebuild

Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Working on rebuilding my 88 CR 250 and the HPP valve guides are stuck in the cylinder. Anyone near Conroe available to help me get these guys out?
I don't have any heat (torch) available at home and I think that's what ill need to get the guides out.

How are you doing on this? If I lived closer I'd take a motorcycle ride over to help you. Would bring back the good old days! Got the guides out?

How are you doing on this? If I lived closer I'd take a motorcycle ride over to help you. Would bring back the good old days! Got the guides out?
Guides still seized in place. Gonna send it out to have it replated and they can fix it. Working with a powder coater for the frame, trying to get the color right. Finishing up the bottom end. When the cylinder gets back Ill throw it all together and get some pics up.

Back