• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

98' XR400R Plated SOLD

Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Last Name
C
$2250 Titled, Tagged and Oklahoma Registered Motorcycle. New top end, powder coated engine bits, new 5 gal. gas tank, rear fender and side plastics. Open to offers. Thanks

Tag not on bike for pictures. I can install the LED blinkers if you wish, wiring is in place. A Gentleman i thought was going to buy the bike had requested them left off. ( not Tx req )

Last edited:
Thank you. Yours is good looking as well. Would love to do the Cloudcroft trip with you guys at some point.

Those are bullet proof bikes that pull like a tractor. Mine will pull my big rear up most any hill.
GLWS

You’re right. I love the Xr400, being my second one, and I have an XR250 that I’ll probably never sell. just ready to try a modern big bore. Beta ? Husky ? CRF450L 😍 ? Choices are tough nowadays. Really intrigued by Beta, as I just bought a little 125 rrs Beta for my daughter. I plan to take it out for a check out ride tomorrow before I lower it for her to learn.

Can't tell you how many hours I have on various XR400's back in the day. In desert racing you could you those things wide open up massive long sand washes forever without hurting them. Super fun seeing the video, thanks for sharing!

Was exciting watching the XR show a wheel to the 300.

Yeah, I love these old tractors. I personally find the more modern and more powerful bikes to be too much for most trail riders and can make the experience less enjoyable. Prior to the 450X and Christini 450X, I had an 85 XL600R and with the lower HP, heavier flywheel and lower CG, I had more fun in the woods because it was easier to control and I could be smoother everywhere which actually made me faster. On the 450s, I had to add flywheel weight, increase idle and grind the throttle tube for 3/5 cable wrap to make my riding smother over whoops and heavy chop and also not accelerate so hard in the real technical stuff. I even considered a 400 low comp kit at one point. Only reason I sold the XL-R in the first place was for better suspension and an e-start. I slid into a tree above my boot cuff one night and wasn't sure I would be able to kick start so I could make it out as no one would find me for another 4 days. Honestly the XL-R was dialed in for fork oil level and weight, a little soft in back but just 1 more inch and I'd have been pretty darn happy.

Sure you wanna sell it? If so GLWS.

Thanks X1. I love the XRs and will probably always have one in the garage. But this one needs to go. Mainly for the space, as I need to finish up a couple other project bikes.

Stop it, I already have one! Someone should have already grabbed this.

XRs also love to climb. And don't need a Rekluse to prevent stalling.

XR's have the reliability we thought we were going to get with modern 4 strokes, instead we got 15 hour oil change schedules and thoughts of rebuilds starting around 100 hours.

I'll tell my neighbor about this. I bought his 2001 XR400 several years ago and he made a comment recently that he'd like to get another one when he saw me cleaning mine up.

I have owned two, both street legal. One was motard only, the other was set up for both supermoto and off-road with a quick wheel change.

Excellent bikes. This is really tempting, but I'm actively downsizing.

Someone will get a great bike at a great price.

GLWS.

Loved my XR. I lowsided on my triumph, breaking every metatarsal in my right foot, couldn't ever reliably start it again.

I have had four. Only issue I ever had was picking them up. As I aged they seemed to gained weight.

Loved my XR. I lowsided on my triumph, breaking every metatarsal in my right foot, couldn't ever reliably start it again.
Hate to hear that.
I always told myself kicking is no problem.
I just added my first e-start to the stable - Also just realized what I've been missing out on.

Reactions: my6
I have owned two, both street legal. One was motard only, the other was set up for both supermoto and off-road with a quick wheel change.

Excellent bikes. This is really tempting, but I'm actively downsizing.

Someone will get a great bike at a great price.

GLWS.
Thank you, my second XR4 as well.
Guess I'm crazy, I'll be watching close for another not long after this one leaves.

Back