• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

A-B-C Towns (in order) Pic Game

Voltar said:
: Beat's me what we are going to do when we get to "X" because I don't see any "X" town in Texas. I see a bunch of "XXX" signs around, but I don't think that counts.

How about one of the folks up in the panhandle find a historical marker for the XIT Ranch? :trust: That spread was bigger, and at one time, had more residents within its boundries than most cities in Texas

Re: A-B-C Towns - Ewing, Angelina Cty.

Am I the only one playing? I am on vacation this week and snuck off from "honey do detail" to get these pics. :rider:

Ewing is located East of Lufkin on 103 where it crosses the Angelina River, now the upper end of Sam Rayburn Reservoir.

EwingAngelinaCty.jpg

EwingAngelinaCty2.jpg

Re: A-B-C Towns - Ewing, Angelina Cty.

DANNYROTH said:
Am I the only one playing?

I guess just the only one riding. The weather has been kinda wacky since this started.

Thanks for playing, now.... it's off to "F"....

You know, I was really torn between "fix the dripping bathroom faucet" and

MarionAngelinaCty3.jpg

DANNYROTH said:
How about one of the folks up in the Panhandle find a historical marker for the XIT Ranch?
Off the top of my head there's the XIT Museum in Dalhart, the old XIT headquarters in Channing and the sky-scraping XIT windmill at Littlefield.

Tom

Voltar, as the thread originator, your rules of the game are not to be questioned. I would like to ask your consideration of a suggestion that should encourage participation and let us see more of what our members have to share out there in the TWT world.

How about allowing postings with the alpha letter that is currently open to be entered until someone posts an entry for the next letter in the sequence? For example, when Tourmeister posts Huntsville for the "H", I can also post Homer, Hoshall, or Huntington, and someone down the country can post Houston or Hortence, as long as we post them before someone posts Indian Springs for the "I".

Just my $.02 worth.

Note to FJR BANDIT: It's obvious that Freer is not in deep East Texas from the terrain and the vegetation. But, to an observant East Texan, the most obvious sign is the lack of bullet holes in the deer on top of the sign.

Anything like that around here is an open invitation to blast away with whatever artillery happens to be close at hand!

DANNYROTH said:
How about allowing postings with the alpha letter that is currently open to be entered until someone posts an entry for the next letter in the sequence? For example, when Tourmeister posts Huntsville for the "H", I can also post Homer, Hoshall, or Huntington, and someone down the country can post Houston or Hortence, as long as we post them before someone posts Indian Springs for the "I".

That could be fun too. However, those other "H" towns (or whatever letter) could also be save for round 2, 3, 4, ... of this game. Plus we'd get the fun of haranguing someone for reposting a town that's already been done if they are not paying attention.

On the other hand, some poeple might lose interest if they miss posting their picture by only a few minutes and then have to wait six months for that letter to come back around.

I think either way has its advantages.

DANNYROTH said:
Note to FJR BANDIT: It's obvious that Freer is not in deep East Texas from the terrain and the vegetation. But, to an observant East Texan, the most obvious sign is the lack of bullet holes in the deer on top of the sign.

Anything like that around here is an open invitation to blast away with whatever artillery happens to be close at hand!

:rofl: :rofl:

I'm in South Texas. Around here, anything that kepts that still belongs to the Game Warden. :eek2:

CycleCat said:
That could be fun too. However, those other "H" towns (or whatever letter) could also be save for round 2, 3, 4, ... of this game. Plus we'd get the fun of haranguing someone for reposting a town that's already been done if they are not paying attention.

On the other hand, some poeple might lose interest if they miss posting their picture by only a few minutes and then have to wait six months for that letter to come back around.

I think either way has its advantages.

Or if you want to be :evil: evil :evil: you could make it a requirement to here the photo date and time stamped after the posting of the previous letter.

In other words..If I post "G" today at 9:30 PM..."H" has to be date and time stamped after that. That way you know that people are going out and getting new photos and not useing old stock.

Moving for cover.:duck:

DANNYROTH said:
Voltar, as the thread originator, your rules of the game are not to be questioned.

Wow! Authority! Power! I like it! :trust:

DANNYROTH said:

I like that idea. OK, that's cool. But, you still have to go in order. Once the next 'letter' is posted you can't post a letter that is closed/done.

DANNYROTH said:
Well . . . The "F" is still open. :coffee:

Right. Under the new offical A-B-C rulebook anyone can still post "F" towns until a "G" town is posted.

I'm hitting the bricks Sunday to try and close on a few. :rider:

OK. Since "F" is still open until somebody posts a "G" pic. here is another "F" entry. Florence, TX; pretty small town North of Austin.

118407991_8ae7353c3d_o.jpg

Florence, eh? Another city to add to the "Around The World In Texas" tour.

OK Let's get another "F" or a "G" on here. I might run out through the countryside to Galatin this weekend. If that happens I will be posting it. If you've got and "F" you haven't posted, you have been warned.

DANNYROTH said:
OK Let's get another "F" or a "G" on here. I might run out through the countryside to Galatin this weekend. If that happens I will be posting it. If you've got and "F" you haven't posted, you have been warned.

Go for it, man. Let's get this ball rollin' again.

Took a little ride through the East Texas countryside for lunch (low Cal., Low Sodium) Target, Groveton, county seat of Trinity County. There are several ways to get there from Diboll, I chose the route through Goat Hill. Several communities are along that route, some with interesting names:

Grovetpn-Nigton.jpg

Not sure of the origin of that name, methinks it may be of African derivation.:doh:

The obligatory city limit sign for a currently operating community. Shoot, it's over 1K!
GrovetonCityLimits.jpg

The Trinity County Courthouse and Jail. These structures have appeared in several movies.

GrovetonCourthouse.jpg

GrovetonJail.jpg

Hmmm... anyone playing this game other than Danny? Hehe...

Ima savin' all mine up for one big submission all at once - G-Z, watch, you'll see... :roll:

(all the towns around here are too big) :-(

Back