• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

A-B-C Towns (in order) Pic Game

VickyBeads said:
So....what are we still "officially" looking for? Trying to read through all the posts to see where we are is giving me a headache!

Beady :giveup:

Oh... it started out so simple.....

Basically post a town name in ABC order. Don't post out of order. You can continue to post a letter that has just been posted (the latest letter) AS LONG as some doesn't post the next letter.

So, right now "R" is posted. You can post the heck out of "R" towns until somebody posts the next letter; "S".

Whew.......

Of course, we have some outlaws that break the rules. For punishment they have to drive through a mud puddle just after they shine their bike. ;-)

weslinder said:
Most of these were taken along or near US87. I look for any reason possible to ride FM1414. So someone hurry up and post an "R" so I have to go back and get Stringtown and Six Mile.

OK, weslinder, R's here!

Yee haw! Ninjette and I knocked off Reklaw, Sacul, San Augustine AND Teneha today. I believe we're now looking for a U.

:uhoh: COOL, Where's the pics? :uhoh:

pub610 said:
Yee haw! Ninjette and I knocked off Reklaw, Sacul, San Augustine AND Teneha today. I believe we're now looking for a U.

Well, during a great day of riding, the wife and I founds these... S,T,U,V, and W are now retired. Good luck with X!

Attachments

• 10.JPG
    10.JPG
    66.7 KB · Views: 267
  • 9.JPG
    9.JPG
    81.9 KB · Views: 251
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    80.8 KB · Views: 260
  • 6.JPG
    6.JPG
    85.9 KB · Views: 247
  • 5.JPG
    5.JPG
    84.8 KB · Views: 245
diggers1300 said:
Well, during a great day of riding, the wife and I founds these... S,T,U,V, and W are now retired. Good luck with X!

Good job, man! :clap:

We will see what creative "X" stuff comes up. It will not be a town, because there are no "X" towns in Texas.

Sleepy Weasel said:
Here's your X...

x.jpg

That is good!

I think the XIT ranch should be the first X, then we can just go looking for anything with a giant X (or X-like design on it) thereafter.

Sleepy,

I get this:

Not Found
The requested URL /sleepy.weasel/abc/x.jpg was not found on this server.

Safe to assume it was a big red X?

For those who couldn't see the original...

redx.gif

On a side note, I haven't had SBC internet service in at least 3 years. At least they stopped threatening to delete my files.
:lol2:

Since we had our fun with the non-existant "X", here's a "Y" we took the same day as the others... Only one left!

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    80.3 KB · Views: 259
...and here is "Z".

It took a bit more than a month to make it.

Should we go another round (can't use the same pics or town) or has the fun ended on this one?

Are we back on "A" now?

134747121_83066abbc1_o.jpg

Dang it, and me in Arkansas where none of them count. Oh well, next time.

So, now that we're at Z are we gonna do it again?

Strict rules this time. Must be a city limit sign. If the sign you see isn't safe or the town doesn't have one, TOO BAD! Go find another town then.

And no repeats! :rider:

CycleCat said:
So, now that we're at Z are we gonna do it again?

Strict rules this time. Must be a city limit sign. If the sign you see isn't safe or the town doesn't have one, TOO BAD! Go find another town then.

And no repeats! :rider:

I thought the original rules said we do ONE of each letter then move on to the next. When were they changed to say "R is open until someone posts an S town" anyway?

I like the
"It has to be an offical city limit sign rule."
and the
"letter stays open until it is 'trumped' by the next alphabetical letter rule"

So... Since I started the thread I guess that is the rules for round two.

- Looking for an "A" town CITY LIMIT signin Texas. An example of this would be "Austin".

Sleepy Weasel said:
I thought the original rules said we do ONE of each letter then move on to the next. When were they changed to say "R is open until someone posts an S town" anyway?

i'm fine with that but it could make it a bit interesting for some letters and there's a limited number of towns with some letters

I have A B and C close but none of their populations are below 2500. though A is ~5000.

Back