• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

A-B-C Towns (in order) Pic Game

tx-vfr said:
I have A B and C close but none of their populations are below 2500. though A is ~5000.

For this round let's say any town, regardless of the population, is fair game.

If the game goes another round we will toughen it up to only include smaller towns.

diggers1300 said:
Nathan,

It'll give you an excuse to ride farther/more.
thats true, but i'm a lazy bum :lol2:

I'll have to see if I can't pick up some pics on my ride tomorrow. gotta get errands done so I'll see if I can't get some pics

Hmm... how about a pics of the FM signs in order starting with FM 1 right through all the higher numbers? People could continue to post pics of the current sign until the next is posted. I think there is a website somewhere that even lists all the official numbers, some are skipped.

TM:

I'm all for that (and any other excuse to ride). I think it should be under a new/different thread.

Tourmeister said:
Hmm... how about a pics of the FM signs in order starting with FM 1 right through all the higher numbers? People could continue to post pics of the current sign until the next is posted. I think there is a website somewhere that even lists all the official numbers, some are skipped.

I'd like to suggest two more rules for the Alpha game, both to increase participation.
1) One Alpha letter per post, could have multiple towns, but only one letter.
2) Each Alpha letter has to stay open for 24 hours before the following letter is posted.

Actually, I like the idea of the game as we have it now. A letter stays open until it is thrumped by the next alphabetical letter.

Also, if a rider can cruise all across Texas a sweep the whole alphabet then more power to them! If I was gonna keep score I would give bonus points to the rider who posted multilple letters in a row.

DANNYROTH said:
I'd like to suggest two more rules for the Alpha game, both to increase participation.
1) One Alpha letter per post, could have multiple towns, but only one letter.
2) Each Alpha letter has to stay open for 24 hours before the following letter is posted.

I would suggest starting a new thread, putting the rules in the first post and NOT allowing for any changes after that ;-) Otherwise people will never stop suggesting rule changes midway through the game. Also, rules have to be few and simple. It seems people have a real hard time with more than one or two rules :-P

I agree with Scott and Voltar's last posts. As a past suggestor of multiple rule changes, I will honor a new thread with SET rules posted in the first post.

Let's go with a new, simple thread.

Tourmeister said:
Also, rules have to be few and simple. It seems people have a real hard time with more than one or two rules :-P
How about:

Rule 1: All photos will include the inbound city limit sign and photographer's motorcycle/scooter/moped plus one additional building in the framed area. City limit sign is preferred to have no additional information, i.e. no population statistics, unless the population is between 997 and 1004 inclusive. No altitude or slogan signs. Signs must be between 4'1.5" and 5'3.1" above ground level and entire 2-wheeled vehicle must be visible, including either head or tail light, seat and handlebars. Photos must be taken between 7:11 AM and 8:05 PM inclusive local time, usually CST/CDT, no exceptions. No photos of 3-wheeled or 4-wheeled vehicles allowed. Images must be aligned in landscape format with no more than 2:1 zoom allowed.

Rule 2: Photos of Texas towns will appear in alphabetical order by first letter of the town's name, beginning with A and ending with Z, hereafter referred to as the "target" letter. If no towns exist (at all) starting with these letters, a town name may be substituted that has the target letter contained within the town's name. Examples for "X" would be MeXia. Additional entries of photos containing the target letter allowed until an entry containing the next sequential target letter is submitted. Exceptions allowed for weekends when everyone is out riding and taking pictures and entries of any kind allowed to fill space, even out-of-order entries until order is regained at 0600 Monday morning. Multiple entries by a single competitor limited to 65536 per day. Any competitor not understanding alphabetical order will be disqualified and/or sent to motorcycle D-hall.

Violators of the above two rules will be required to turn over their bike to Squeaky for one week with gas tank full and picked up 7 days later with gas tank empty.

simple, huh? ;-)

For Chuck... a rule is ONE conditional, not 20 strung together!! :-P

Chuck, To ensure that we are not violating anyone's rights under EEO, OFCCP, ADA, VETS, OSHA, MSHA, FMLA, I&NS, USDA, HUD, SBA, DOT, 401(k),TGIF, and A Partridge in a Pear Tree, let me send your suggested rules to the Legal Dept for their perusal. I should receive their comments by 01 August. I will advise of the determination at that time.

Chuck.......you may now ride without a helmet with my blessing ........Did you spend your whole lunch hour doing that?

whats the specific height the picture must be taken from?
Whats the model of the camera that I have to use?
Resolution?
RAW or JPEG?
What filters are allowed?
Can I use a tripod and put myself in the pic?

just clarifying ;)

OK:giveup:, let's get going again.:rider:

What forum would be the most appropriate for the thread?

Simple, SET, rules listed in the first post.

Wow, this is an old thread and I think the letter "A" is up next for a city limit sign with a population of less than 2500 and the bike must be in it. No exceptions.

I can get Aguilares this weekend if you want.

Anton, population 1200

Attachments

• Anton.jpg
    Anton.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 247
Back