• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

A few electric players (Motorcycles)

ntklr650

Matt6:34
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Last Name
M
Paging @Jarrett

Here are a few different options I found. It will be interesting to see where the market goes overall.

Looks OK but with no linkage in the rear that bike would be lucky to have 3 inches of travel. That would be tough for any dirt bike.

I'm out on electrics these days. They still have a ways to go.

I'm out on electrics these days. They still have a ways to go.
I was wondering how they were going? Is range your limiting factor or is the technology just not there yet? I love the idea of electric but for a commuter the range is just not there in a decent price point in my opinion.

I like the Segway but it is really more of a bicycle then a dirt bike. It would be a blast buzzing around the property.

Is range your limiting factor or is the technology just not there yet?
Despite Zero's misleading marketing, the reality of the price versus performance of the machines just doesn't make sense yet.

They really should be making scooters, I think.

I have an electric too. Oh, never mind its an Ibanez. But the price to performance is great and it works well. Zero use for a zero, as I ride further even in my nightly dreams than its capable of.

Last edited:
aw, I thought this was gonna be a guitar thread.

:mrgreen: Me too. I was prepared to start naming off all the great players you never heard of, who are often better than the ones you HAVE heard of. Oh well, there's an idea for a thread to pass the winter months......

So, there are many motorcycle riders who play guitar. Some do both pretty well. Anyone want to have a camp out and jam? I'd open up my music room and farm for it. We have an insulated barn with a sizable section to be turned into a music room/studio soon, with a full PA and a few amps around. I think it would be awesome to have folks ride in with their acoustic or electric guitars, mandos, even a banjo if someone wants, and hang out and play till the cows come home. I used to say "till the sun comes up" but I'm too old for that now.

I'd definitely contribute my Strat & a couple of electrified Taylors to that. If you have amps, that'll save me the trouble of hauling my Fender Hot Rod Deville - great amp, but that big heavy beast actually cost me a hernia about 20 years ago.

TS- if you are up for it, just bring one of the Taylors down whenever you want to jam and camp if you want. I'll get my classic rock picking partner to come and we will have a band on demand :-) We have a set up where we run a Mackie head, with JBLs and fishman acoustic amps, and a small fender as needed. Nothing fancy or too loud. No hernia required :-) My very basic favorite electrified acoustic below...

Ooh, I LOVE Fishman! My current acoustic amp is a Fishman Loudbox 100, and it's by far the best acoustic amp I've owned. Besides the pure tone and flexible EQ, it's an amazing little powerhouse. With that little 8" speaker, I've played outdoor weddings in venues as large as the Ft Worth Water Gardens, and that little bugger totally delivered!

I think junior bikes is a great place for electric bikes. You can adjust the power delivery so easily for the rider and wouldn't need a new bike as they advance in skill, just an adjustment. Seems nice

Sent from my Moto Z2 using Tapatalk

I was riding my e-bicycle yesterday and passed a kid riding a little electric motorcycle like that one.

Made me smile :)

Back