• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

A little Arkansas ridding

Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Last Name
Jeter
Last Thursday morning I packed up and headed out for Ozark,Arkansas for a little dual sport stuff with seven friends.
The weather was nice and sunny Thursday but that was soon to change. I arrived at the hotel at 2:50 PM and was ready to ride by 3;15. Me and my friend Norman DeLamar took of with no plans. Just find a trail and take off and see where you ended up. Norman and I finished off the day doing 60 miles that evening.Most of it virgin,or near virgin trails with a few miles of dirt roads. Sorry but no pictures of the first day.

Friday morning it was cooler,very humid with some precipitation . We headed out at 9:00 AM for the first group ride. The first 16 miles was pavement...........then the fun started.

Friday morning gearing up.
Gearingup-1.jpg

Gearingup-2.jpg

More picture later..............I gotta go make a buck.

After 16 miles of pavement and a few miles of dirt,our first stop to check our directions. It was a little foggy on top of the mountain to say the least!
Whatsthat.jpg

Me running my mouth about something?
Inthefog.jpg

There were water crossings.............
Rivercrossing.jpg

StayrightBruce.jpg

Water falls
Waterfal-2.jpg

Waterfal-1.jpg

And....even some MUD HOLES :eek2:
Brucefindsthedeeppart.jpg

And this sucker was deep! Bruce did a nice Superman over the bars when he hit this one!
YepItsreallythatdeep.jpg

Finaliyoutofthehole.jpg

Well tell me Mr Furnival,where'd all that mud come from?

Letshosehimdown.jpg

Yikes! Sometimes the holes don't look like all that much until after they eat a bike.

Yikes! Sometimes the holes don't look like all that much until after they eat a bike.

Seven other guys went to the right to go through that hole. Not Bruce,he wanted to be different I guess? It cost him. But, I have a feeling he was going down no matter which wheel hit that hole first.

Bruce in the far background praying that he doesn't find another nud hole!

Lordpleasenoholes.jpg

Don't ask me,all I know is it was harry and smelled bad,but the butterflies and green flies liked it! :eek2:
I won't mention any names,but one of our group thought it was a stick........NOT.
IMG_2678.jpg

Along this dirt road we found one Big/A hole in the ground. It had to be at least 60 feet to the bottom.

IMG_2667.jpg

IMG_2666.jpg

One step past that tree and you're history!

Back