• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

A little bit of Texas in Arizona

Texas T

LD Rider
Forum Supporter
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
This photo came up in my FB feed this morning. Rudy's opened a location here in Chandler in 2012 and I hosted a RTE there. While most came from the surrounding area, two came in from Yuma and a visiting Rochester NY rider also attended.

577157_2966768418033_1891788510_n.jpg

From the TEXAZ Grill in Phoenix. Approx 912,000 CFS sold since they opened about 30 years ago. It's a small place, but extremely popular.

17457271_10156042537843677_12678364469461144_n.jpg

Let this load and you can scroll around the interior of the place.
http://texazgrill.com/

I don't get over into Phoenix very often, but I try to stop and eat there anytime I can. One of the owners is from Terlingua and I think someone here on TWT knows him.

While having lunch at the bar one day I overheard two documentary producers interviewing one of the members of Buddy Holly's band.

Place looks cool. I make it to PHX for work every now and then. Know the town pretty well. Last time I was out I opt'd to hotel and take an early flight out the next day. Had the evening to spend there with a rental car and ended up a Texas Road house near the airport. This place would likely been worth the drive from there....

It's only about 10 minutes north of the north side of Sky Harbor airport. It's where I take friends from Texas if they are staying the night.

Back