• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

AUSTIN: A little snoring in Sonora...& some fun county roads..Dec 13-15

Cycledelic Relic

Forum Supporter
Reaction score
First Name
Rod
Last Name
Powers
A few of us are hedden west for a quik weekend getaway. Leavin tomorro mornin after it warms up...& stayin either in Sonora or Junction.
There are some nice paved CRs between Sonora & Ozona south of I10....more jus north & east of Sonora....& a couple jus off of I10....enuff for a Saturday excursion ..then a meander bac home on Sunday.
If anyone wants ta join in....come on.

Sent from my LML212VL using Tapatalk

If you make it to Pandale let me know if the store is still open , I haven’t been thru there in years .

The last 5 miles of it and several between ozona and there too but lots of great empty pavement too . CR 110 southwest of sonora is one of my favorites . Good riding in all directions and great riding if you want to get dirty .

sheesh , and again I just saw this. But a bunch of music happening and sigh, still ranch work consuming me at the moment... anyone need a nice longhorn or barbado sheep?

The takaway I got from this excursion ( & our previous one last Spring)....

The county roads around Sonora in Sutton Co are the most likely to be nicely paved.
One road off of US277 south of town a ways was nice smooth pavement & decently entertaining..... until the county line....at which point it abruptly changed to rocky rutted caliche for the last appx 3 miles down to 55
Not much fun for a GoldWing & a BMW RS on those 3 miles

Kimble Co around Junction has much less pavement on their CRs

More possibly paved CRs to explore out by Iraan & Sheffield

Sent from my LML212VL using Tapatalk

Back