• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

a meetup ride to learn from

i guess i am odd, I always ask in a pm some basic info before the ride so if something happens I have it or can get to it. some people think is crazy and i had one refused to give it to me once.. but i still ask just so i will have someone to call and basic info

I think the last time we took a trip to AR we had everyones info on a paper and handed it out to everyone. That way everyone had everyones info.

Our goal is to have trauma victims in an OR in less than one hour from the time of the crash. Our slice of the time pie from arrival on scene until transport is eight minutes or less. In that time we have to strip the victim, assess for and correct immediate life threats, package on a backboard, apply cervical immobilization and load. Often any clothing or ID comes afterwards with law enforcement. There are only a couple of places to visibly store information on a naked person. :mrgreen:
This is good info, and makes me happy about going with a bracelet / dog tag approach rather than something in my wallet, phone, or some other pouch on my clothing.

No way you're getting my RoadID off without realizing what it is. It would take a paramedic all of 2 seconds to either pocket it or hand it to a LEO or somebody who can call my emergency contacts.

Back