• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

A sign I can love

woodsguy

Ride Red
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Last Name
Vaughan

The four wheelers got us ALL kicked out of the Angelina Nat'l Forest. :argh:

The only thing you can ride at Angy now is a horse. I heard the top LEO there now is an Equestrian. Go figure huh...

The Angie thing was a conspiracy from the Fed Judge(horse rider) in Lufkin down to make the forest a private equestrian park. It was carefully crafted and started with allowing Jeeps on the trails who promptly DESTROYED them. I am not a fan of four wheelers but they were just caught in the mess. If we had a solid org and COMPETENT DEDICATED legal representation it would be relatively easy to re-open the Angelina. Especially during this administration.

Reactions: my6
Growing up in Ohio, we had tons of enduro trails in state and national forests. Jeeps got that taken away. They tried to open some of them back up several years restricted to hourse, bicycle, four wheeler and side by sides. Four wheelers and side by sides quickly got it closed back down. Only access now is by foot.

The Angie thing was a conspiracy from the Fed Judge(horse rider) in Lufkin down to make the forest a private equestrian park. It was carefully crafted and started with allowing Jeeps on the trails who promptly DESTROYED them. I am not a fan of four wheelers but they were just caught in the mess. If we had a solid org and COMPETENT DEDICATED legal representation it would be relatively easy to re-open the Angelina. Especially during this administration.
Yes Sir Absolutely! Several friends and I were wrongly ticketed by the LEO and went to Federal court with them in Lufkin. We knew it was a losing cause before we even got there but we wanted an opportunity to have our voices heard. It was 100 percent worth it to see the LEO's face turn beet red when each of us once on the stand call him a liar.
Priceless....

Indeed it was. We referred to him as "One Bullet Barney" Right after we left the court house we all headed to Angy for a great midweek ride. He and his supervisor showed up about the time we were loading up to head home. Nasty looks but they didn't bother us.

Sure wish we could form an opposing force. I hear the horsey folks have totally commandered a publicly funded campground and made it an exclusive horse users park. I haven't confirmed that but have a source I feel is trustworthy.

Ya know, I can't speak for everyone but every time I and my riding buds of 20+ years came across horse riders we would stop, shut off and let them go by. Most of the time they would tell us to keep our bikes running so the horses could become used to the sound and presence of motorcycles. Everyone got a long just fine.

Had that happen in the Kisatchie a couple times. They even asked us to run back and forth a few times.

Back