• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

A-spear Ranch.

Thanks for the aerial view...took me 2 mins to find it on google maps. I drove near there last September on the way to smiley. You know the gentleman selling the honda 230's there then?

Thanks for the aerial view...took me 2 mins to find it on google maps. I drove near there last September on the way to smiley. You know the gentleman selling the honda 230's there then?
Kenneth?
Sure do, I even cleaned the carbs on both of the 230s before they were put for sale.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Well, wha happen was...

guy1 mentions to guy2 that they might sell their 701 in favor of a more LD pavement oriented bike. guy2 whispers this news in my ear where it festers for a few days.

then guy1 finds out i'm headed to Dody's Freezeree and OFFERS to let me try out the bike for the weekend. (that's an opportunity ya don't pass up.) rode the bike 160 miles highways and unpaved county roads. 😍

it's a done deal.

and now guy1 has a certain super sweet, well adv farkled vstrom that i had drooled over the ad when it was listed.

So,...

anybody looking for a lightly used 690? it'll be at the swap meet in san marcos and/ or posted here soon.

and my beloved wee is looking for a new home too. 😢 i love that bike but the 701 can truly do everything i need.

except i'm keeping the 250!

Well, wha happen was...

guy1 mentions to guy2 that they might sell their 701 in favor of a more LD pavement oriented bike. guy2 whispers this news in my ear where it festers for a few days.

then guy1 finds out i'm headed to Dody's Freezeree and OFFERS to let me try out the bike for the weekend. (that's an opportunity ya don't pass up.) rode the bike 160 miles highways and unpaved county roads. 😍

it's a done deal.

and now guy1 has a certain super sweet, well adv farkled vstrom that i had drooled over the ad when it was listed.

So,...

anybody looking for a lightly used 690? it'll be at the swap meet in san marcos and/ or posted here soon.

and my beloved wee is looking for a new home too. 😢 i love that bike but the 701 can truly do everything i need.

Cool vid...gina you forgot guy 3 got some coin to finally get a bigger ride so his kids aren't squished in the back cab of his old Tacoma lol. So guy 1, 2, 3 and gal 1 overall all stoked.

I like when a plan comes together.

Feb 22-23rd
9-5
Work and ride days.
Will be trimming trail in the morning and riding after lunch.
Will provide sausage wraps

Bring water and loppers

I will try to make it. Chain saw or just loppers (loopers)?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I will try to make it. Chain saw or just loppers (loopers)?

Most of the trimming needed can be done with loppers. @South Tex will have his electric chainsaw and justin (bike n bird on youtube) will have a chainsaw and "other tools" which idk what he means by that.

Just want to do a light trim back before stuff starts growing

Most of the trimming needed can be done with loppers. @South Tex will have his electric chainsaw and justin (bike n bird on youtube) will have a chainsaw and "other tools" which idk what he means by that.

Just want to do a light trim back before stuff starts growing

I’ll show up Sunday by 12 possible 1159 if I get up early

Well, wha happen was...

it's a done deal.

So,...

Is there that much difference in 690/701? Or is your 690 an older version? 701 sure look sweet, congrats.

They are/were essentially the same bike. I say "are/were" b/c it depends on the year models being compared. i think the brand new 2020 690's have "caught up" to their blue and white brothers.

but my 690 is older, a 2012.

I found it worth the switch because of the way this 701 has been set up. With a Fisher seat, a madstad windshield and an auxiliary fuel tank that gives it 200+ mile range, plus it being newer with the dual counter balancing shafts that make it noticeably smoother at speed. And with fewer miles....

the 701 is taller than the 690, but this bike has been properly lowered so that it is the same as my 690.

can't wait to get it dirty in Big Bend!!

So now we’re riding? I thought it was work morning, ride afternoon ? I’m confused :huh:

So now we’re riding? I thought it was work morning, ride afternoon ? I’m confused :huh:
I'll still be working on the trail Saturday morning

Sure hope so! And that you sell the 250f!

250F went to a new home yesterday, it was bittersweet watching it get strapped down to someone elses trailer, but it went to a great guy who wants to ride with his grandkids so I could not think of a better place for a good bike to go

Back