• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

A Sunday at Twin Hills

DFW_Warrior

Hmmmm.....
Forum Supporter
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
What a beautiful day to be out in the dirt today. We spent it at Twin Hills getting Rachel some practice on better understanding her acceleration and deceleration balance points, riding some of the easier trails, then riding some of the more medium trails, and then... some of the group found a really tight and fairly rocky trail that they just had to take me on. As with most things on video, the view doesn't do it justice. This was a really steep and off camber little section with a pretty decent fall if you were to fall to the downhill side.

Overall, it was a great day and hopefully we will be back out there again soon.

IMG_3673.JPG

IMG_3676.JPG

Bill Twin Hills 2023.jpg

Looks like some fun stuff, thanks for posting. Now tell me where Twin Hills is and is it open to anyone? :thumb:
It's a cool little place NW of Decatur just a bit. Cash only to get in ($10 per bike and have exact change), only dirt bikes are allowed, you pay at the closed down store across the street from the entrance to get in, and it is open 7 days a week. It is private so no OHV sticker required. Oh and camping is free.

There are some cool beginner areas down at the bottom of the hill, and some moderate to VERY difficult areas up in the hills.

Twins Hills is a great place to spend a day on real dirt bikes. It is never crowded either.
Yeah, it is not the place I would go to test out a 650cc or larger dual sport. The lack of ATV’s and side by sides are one of the better bonuses too!

We used to ride TSCEC enduros somewhere near Bridgeport. Don't remember just where it was, pretty fun run.

The Twin Hills property was used for several of the Bridgeport enduros. We had access to several properties between Lake Bridgeport and the west side of Bridgeport.

Another beautiful Sunday out at Twin Hills today. I’m solo today so I’m taking some time to explore some lesser travelled trails when the opportunity presents itself.

5B42B366-848F-43E0-B9AF-671CD58915EC.jpeg

A5526644-467F-411D-A699-9F572D43B6AD.jpeg

This time it was a beautiful Saturday at Twin Hills. The rain yesterday completely missed the area while dumping 3” of rain at our house.

The trails were perfect, the weather was cool, and there was a good breeze to keep things cool.

47E9773D-31E3-401F-BCBD-8110A40BF075.jpeg

E56B440E-9FB3-4460-A296-9764F6B1F7F4.jpeg

4DA253D8-898D-4B05-9529-BF2BA5792B1A.jpeg

I was able to get a few miles in today before the heat really got going. It wasn’t much but hopefully it will do something to slow the rust formation on the riding skills.

IMG_4247.jpeg

Report, pics, video due asap!
No video but I will say that it was pretty epic today. The guys that take care of that place marked up a pink trail that is 8 miles and today was my first time doing laps on it. It had really good flow and then some really technical bits sprinkled throughout. It was a ton of fun. I ended up with 26 miles on the bike today which out at a place like Twin Hills, that ain’t too shabby.

IMG_5645.jpeg

Yeah , it took a couple of times to get the process done but the tube held the rest of the day and hadn't lost any air by the time I got home ar 1800. Spare tubes are already in the trailer.

Back