• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

A winter thing ( not what you think )

Reaction score
Hello to all. In a short story I lost my job this winter and had to resort to an old talent to earn a buck and had to sell most of the prime gear, but as I was at work I shot a few shots of what I am doing and was amazed at the results. The new job is to polish paint on very curvy surfaces. This is just one example and was surprised at the results. Be sure to read below the pic.. And i will give a high five if you can guess what it is.

2011-12-0514-30-42850-X2.jpg

It was taken with my new cell phone!

I cheated and looked at the EXIF data :oops:

I'm quite impressed with the image quality. Course proper lighting goes a long ways towards image quality.

I'm mixed on the camera on my Galaxy Nexus. 5MP isn't much, but size isn't everything. I do love that it's fast!

BTW, nice polish job :thumb:

Looks like a Harley Batwing fairing to me.

...5MP isn't much, but size isn't everything...

Very true! The law of the megapixels says 3-4 MP (in a good camera) and you can get terrific shots. Anything above 5MP and camera quality doesn't matter as much and you still get great pics.

I'm thinking for these kind of shots you really need to do this in a room that doesn't have so many items reflected back at you. For instance, the work table, and ceiling tiles. They (IMO) distract as do the hotspots of lighting.

It wouldn't be too terribly difficult to build a light box for large items out of some pvc and white sheets. Doing that would eliminate all the 'other' stuff' and allow you to focus on the depth of colors.

My 2 cents....

I'm thinking for these kind of shots you really need to do this in a room that doesn't have so many items reflected back at you. For instance, the work table, and ceiling tiles. They (IMO) distract as do the hotspots of lighting.

It wouldn't be too terribly difficult to build a light box for large items out of some pvc and white sheets. Doing that would eliminate all the 'other' stuff' and allow you to focus on the depth of colors.

My 2 cents....

I do understand what you mean, but this is work and if the boss wanted this he would pay me for it. The business has a reputation and it's not needed. This is not an advertisement but here is one that past the polishing bench last week that I liked and just wanted to share, that is it was taken with my phone.

2012-03-1312-36-35213-L.jpg

:eat3:

Back