• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

AARP riders

"The leading cause of injury to old men
Is them believing they are still young men"

Copied but probably true.

Perfect

Rio Bravo MX was filled with AARP - over 50 types yesterday. The place was very busy but not packed. Too bad you don't see more kids out riding. Here's a picture of my friends sprocket on it's last ride. And his custom 1985 Chevy Short Bed.

Attachments

• IMG_1046.JPG
    IMG_1046.JPG
    265.4 KB · Views: 354
  • IMG_1047.JPG
    IMG_1047.JPG
    357.9 KB · Views: 371
Rio Bravo MX was filled with AARP - over 50 types yesterday. The place was very busy but not packed. Too bad you don't see more kids out riding. Here's a picture of my friends sprocket on it's last ride. And his custom 1985 Chevy Short Bed.
The angle of your friends chain makes me think it is way too tight. Truck is very nice.

Probably was running it tight to keep it from slipping on that sprocket.

Yep. When very green long ago I ran a chain so long it started losing the little roller parts, only had the little solid pins. Not recommended but young, green and tight funds so,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,.

The angle of your friends chain makes me think it is way too tight. Truck is very nice.
Holy crap...there's no teeth left on that sprocket.

Probably was running it tight to keep it from slipping on that sprocket.

Problem with that is the chain gets tighter when the suspension compresses. If it's too tight, it puts a lot of force on the output shaft and can really do some engine damage.

Guess I was never brave /poor / whatever enough to run one that far.

Last edited:
Agreed, but it gives a new meaning to "you can't start it, you can't ride it." :moon: But I had a friend with a injured RT leg that could have used something like that.

I was at a High Planes race several years ago and a guy rode up on my row on a very nice 300. He couldn't wait to show me his new invention. He had a button on his handle bars, something that you would see with some electronic time keeping equipment. Anyway he took his helmet off and had me look in it, as he pressed the button. He had a hose run from his camel back to his helmet as he pressed the button the hose shot out water. He had a pump working off blue tooth thru his phone to the button. He said the only bad part was he needed to put in a hose connection between the pump and the nipple. At that time his helmet could not get more than 2 feet from his camel back. He had just come up with the idea the night before so this was it's first test. At gas I asked him how it was working, he said he will never ride without it again. I thought by now he would have marketed it. :thumb: As long as the hose doesn't get bumped up pointed at your eye. :huh2:

Anyway, I will just keep kicking the 200.

Sam

Sad state when your tires dry rot before they wear out.

Attachments

• FDA8FC53-C929-47EC-AC31-5EF6B3E4AFCE.jpeg
    FDA8FC53-C929-47EC-AC31-5EF6B3E4AFCE.jpeg
    347.4 KB · Views: 285
"Combined age of these three riders is over 200." Saw this photo and quote on Facebook. Got me to thinking, my little riding group at Cycleland would be the 3 of us 205 years! Old guys rule, lol.
125508730_3658202017576226_5219191789960786811_o.jpg

Last edited:
By the way, dude on the right, his knees prove it!

The bike on the right looks like it’s got a huge seat and no gas tank. It’s obvious some kind of trials bike and probably has a tank under that massive seat.

The bike on the right looks like it’s got a huge seat and no gas tank. It’s obvious some kind of trials bike and probably has a tank under that massive seat.
Either a trials bike with sit down option added or Beta Xtrainer. Well here's a picture of it, doesn't look like the picture. so that's probably a trails bike with sit down kit.
Xtrainer_My_20_-_right_-_white__48505.1593554085.jpg
N

Back