• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Adam's Ranch, Smithville Feb 23

RollingJ

You can be a 0 or a
Forum Supporter
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Last Name
Sims
Another great ride is in the books.

In attendance:

RollingJ
GreenEggsandHam
Fejjtable
Vinny
_RG_
2smokeDS
Electrified
MedicJeff
JT
Mudclod
R-man of 237
Unknown Rider

The trail was as prepped as it was going to be, and we rode the heck out of it. I'll leave the commentary to the peanut gallery.

My vids will be edited tomorrow and posted post-haste.

Now it's time to spend time with the wife!

Last edited:
Thoroughly enjoyable day! :thumb:

Much appreciation to RollinJ and Greenegg&ham for laying down some great tracks.

*As much fun as a FULL day of riding dirt truly is - visiting with the crew, seeing - and benefiting from - the friendship and comradery of these folks still astonishes me.* :clap:

What a blast! Great to see everyone. Thanks for the effort gents.

Great time today guys.. Got to meet a lot of new faces, too.

Carnage was kept to a minimum!

It was a nice day to ride into Austin and visit Batteries Plus.

DRZ is running fine . . . now.

Hopefully I'll be in on the next one out there.

And away we go!!! :rider:

Arrival 8:30ish...

CIMG2100Copy_zps3f127f5e.jpg

CIMG2099Copy_zpsdf8fd2ce.jpg

CIMG2101Copy_zpsdf9004b0.jpg

CIMG2102Copy_zpsc818f3cb.jpg

We were moving promptly at 9.

CIMG2103Copy_zps343b62e3.jpg

CIMG2105Copy_zps6f5b8e9d.jpg

"Who, me? You lookin' at me?!" :shock: :lol2:

CIMG2106Copy_zpse1778a5e.jpg

CIMG2107Copy_zps74ccf818.jpg

CIMG2110Copy_zpsb0aced7d.jpg

CIMG2116Copy_zpsa84769e6.jpg

CIMG2117Copy_zps75b3a073.jpg

Tight and loose (huh? :scratch:) .... and very steep! :eek2:

CIMG2119Copy_zps064f8ef3.jpg

CIMG2120Copy_zps3a5d4fd2.jpg

Nice sunny day for a hike. :sun: Some of us missed the turn at the bottom of that hill so I think RollingJ walked down there and re-ribboned it. There were several tracks you could take but the one I took left me at a very steep dead end. :lol2:

CIMG2122Copy_zps1063b3cb.jpg

Oops, sorry Mudclod, couldn't zoom out fast enough. :doh:

CIMG2123Copy_zps24b4ed32.jpg

This is actually my KDX, Mud's just holding it for me. ;-) I think he got this on vid. :rofl:

CIMG2124Copy_zps55acb297.jpg

Cool pitside troubleshooting on Vinny's fuel pump. :thumb:

CIMG2125Copy_zpsfb2ff898.jpg

That little red wire owes Vinny a beer. :doh: He was back in action 15mins later! :clap:

CIMG2126Copy_zpsbf982f2c.jpg

RJ said "Let's go ride the Rock Garden".
Us "OK".
:brainsnap 'Rock Garden' wound up being an understatement! :loco: :lol2: Mind you, these pics show 0 (ZERO!) grade. :shame:

CIMG2127Copy_zpseed20b00.jpg

CIMG2128Copy_zpsa1f5e105.jpg

CIMG2137Copy_zps7cc55611.jpg

CIMG2138Copy_zpsfcf5696d.jpg

CIMG2133Copy_zps8f37b22b.jpg

A much needed rest.

CIMG2135Copy_zps61d23255.jpg

CIMG2134Copy_zps93d8ce63.jpg

Onward....

CIMG2139Copy_zpsc2002d78.jpg

CIMG2140Copy_zpse150f990.jpg

CIMG2141Copy_zpsf64ad9bc.jpg

CIMG2145Copy_zps99277a2b.jpg

CIMG2144Copy_zpsf97c4d33.jpg

CIMG2146Copy_zps87ad6345.jpg

CIMG2147Copy_zps987b30c9.jpg

Lotta fun guys, seeya again!

R :flip:

CIMG2142Copy_zps5114c65f.jpg

Nice pics, funny how pictures won't show elevation! Guessing they didn't get much rain?

Nice pics, funny how pictures won't show elevation! Guessing they didn't get much rain?
Thanks, but it appeared that they got their fair share of rain recently. :lol2:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=18WrguCluiY"]Adam's Ranch 1 - YouTube[/ame]

For the most part it was pretty gravelly out there so it dries out quick, the only places we saw mud were in the very low areas and the creek bottom (as per the above vid).

Good shots Rman, we had a great crew, huh! [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vysvoRPl4Bo"]Adams Ranch Smithville - YouTube[/ame]

Thanks again for letting me ride with y'all yesterday. It was a blast for sure! Rman, I see you posted a pic of me after I got back up off the ground (rock). Thanks for cutting me some slack and thanks all for getting my bike off of me. Too much fun!

Thanks again for letting me ride with y'all yesterday. It was a blast for sure! Rman, I see you posted a pic of me after I got back up off the ground (rock). Thanks for cutting me some slack and thanks all for getting my bike off of me. Too much fun!
:welcome: Unknown Rider!! :clap: Trust me, you'll fit right in to this group. :rider: But, the idea, mind you, is to get the :photo: while the bike is still ON the ground! :haha: :rofl:
Again, welcome and we hope to see you again. :thumb:

When I said to Mudclod that the bike would be cleaner at the end of the ride than at the start, I had forgotten about the mud bog on the way to the Rock Garden.

I remembered as soon as I saw it, but just pinned the throttle and danced across it. Sorry guys! :trust: Somebody said that they were sure I was going to eat it, but if felt great to me. I made 4 crossings on the bike for the day, and 2 on foot. _RG_ holds the record at 15.

On the last hot lap of the day I realized I was missing a turn just in time to make it, so I hammered on the brakes, came to a full stop, and promptly fell over on the downhill side. My downhill foot was still on the peg so I sort of slapped the ground like a whip- knee, hip, torso, hands. I extricated myself from under the bike as Unknown Rider pulled up, and I dusted myself off. My throttle was very hard to turn and sticky, but I made the rest of the lap by the force of sheer will.

Washing the bike this morning (that was a job!) I decided to tear into it to find the problem. It turns out that the return throttle cable smacked onto something when I went down and had a weird offset kink that was binding right at the adjuster. I was able to straighten the cable casing and then lube the cable and I'm back in business.

I didn't get as good of video as I wanted this time. I'll work with what I have sometime today and hope to get it posted tonight.

That is a good way to end a video! Good stuff, guys!

What has this guy got so much to smile about?
008_zps8f38b71a.jpg
022_zpsbaa609d3.jpg
acfe6b25-a8d1-4ec3-8dde-959217670cdb_zpseed0849e.jpg
010-2_zpsca21e325.jpg
015-1_zps85fa2fc0.jpg
007-2_zps6f2254ac.jpg
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBjZcazIbEk"]Adams Ranch Trails - YouTube[/ame]

As I saw it.

[ame="http://youtu.be/6szd1xj1cvo"]Adams Ranch 022313 - YouTube[/ame]

Looks like I gave Sam a dirt dirt shower..

Completely unintentional, I swear!

Great pics and videos guys! Wish my camera mount had been cooperating...

Looks like I missed a ood one! :rider:

Hopefully I won't be working next time.

Back