• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!
  • The Vendor forum is for users that wish to offer their services or products to the TWT Community. Creation of a new thread is limited to users that are members of the TWT Vendor usergroup. Contact Tourmeister to join this usergroup. Vendors may create ONE thread to promote their business. They will still be able to edit and reply to their thread, and reply to anyone else's, but they are limited to one thread. Regular users can reply to any existing thread. Vendors should strive to keep all of their business related posting in this thread.

ADV Awning - Make Your Own Weather! Price Drop!

Reaction score
Hello all! I have a patent pending awning system that I designed for ADV. It will attach to just about anything, but it was designed with ADV motorcycles in mind. Here are a couple of pictures with them in action.

3.jpg

2.jpg

1586829854531.png

The idea was pretty simple. I was in the desert a year ago and after a long day of riding in the direct sun, I would have given just about anything for a little shade. Some other inmates have done some beta testing and the feedback has been very good! I've got the awnings put together and I'm ready to sell the first run of them to ADV rider inmates. If it works out and they sell good I'll make some more. Right now I have 15 ready to ship, 13 black, one orange, one blue, and one green. The price per awning is $40 shipped. If you're interested post here and send me a PM. I can answer any questions you may have.
  • It is made out of very durable rip-stop nylon that almost completely blocks out the sun- think tent material
  • It weighs right at 10 ounces
  • Total packed size is 15.5" x 3" so it will fit along with most of your tent poles in their pouch
  • The shade size is 33" x 27"
  • It installs in less than a minute and packs away in less than a minute
  • Nothing on the shade side to get in your way- no wires, cables, bungees
  • Contents: shade, tent style poles, two ball style bungees to make the fit more universal, two small bungees, and a nylon stuff sack
You can follow me here at Instagram

24.jpg

27.jpg

IMG_2163.JPG

IMG_2164.JPG

28.jpg

Last edited:
How about a pic of it packed or a short video from packed to set up showing attaching to the bike?

First thing I did was check the posting date of this thread. Thought I might be 2 weeks late in viewing it. Lol

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Very cool.

Make a mount for that for kayaks and coastal "flats" fishing boats. I love to eat lunch after a morning wade fishing, then take a 15 minute nap. Doing that in a bit of shade would be very nice. It'll need to be very wind tolerant (perhaps gusting to 25 and still stable-ish)...

There was a trip I did to Arizona where I would have killed for this! :lol2: I was laying in the "shade" of a very thin cactus, dangerously dehydrated and over heated, when my 3L Camel-Bak went dry and it wasn't even noon yet... :shock:

I have a friend that will carry the largest bike cover. He has even put it over his GS and sat under it against his bike in a rain storm also provides shade where there is nothing else. Could sleep under as well.
This one advertised would be great for not blocking the breeze, if there is one :mrgreen:

I was laying in the "shade" of a very thin cactus, dangerously dehydrated and over heated, when my 3L Camel-Bak went dry and it wasn't even noon yet... :shock:
We have numerous tourist deaths out here every year because they don't understand how much the low humidity sucks the moisture right out of them; even in the "winter" months.

To the top. I have decided to discount the first batch to get some moving. I feel like when people get them in their hands and start using them they will really like them. The new price is $40 and that includes shipping to you!

Cool idea. I remember several spots this would have been handy. Particularly this picture is awesome. Astonishing how much shade it provides.

img_2163-jpg.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: Vec
Other than the beta testers, no one has tried one yet. I'll make a great deal for the 1st 10 that go out. DM me and we can work something out! Thanks!

Back