• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

ADV Gravel Riders - What Tires?

Reaction score
First Name
Brian
giphy.gif
The greatest since sliced bread

Drunk_Uncle

Forum Supporter
Reaction score
It is a bit of an endorsement for RawHyde to switch tires on their bikes. It is vitally important that they use a tire that works in dirt and gives them the most bang for the buck. They are teaching people that have never ridden off road so there must be confidence in the tire grip.

Reaction score
First Name
Ian
More likely they perform well enough, but last much, much longer. Better value. I wonder what they used before?

bwdmax

Forum Supporter
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Turner
Looking back at some pictures i see mostly E-07+ on the big bikes. I found one picture with an E-10.

Drunk_Uncle

Forum Supporter
Reaction score
They were originally on Sava knobbies in those were discontinued and they switched to Mitas. So bikes got the knobby versions and others got E07s until the E07 Plus came out I. Wet head sizes. There were mounting 110/150 tires on wet heads as no other sizes from Mitas were available until the Plus came out.

Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Loggins
Just scored a pair of TKC80s from the scrap pile at my local dealer. They appear to be essentially new takeoffs.

I'm going to give them a shot on my XR250R ranch bike and hopefully give me an idea of how they work in gravel and hard pack stuff.
128cd902c50f45a97f554d3f31675919.jpg

Reaction score
First Name
Ian
Just scored a pair of TKC80s from the scrap pile at my local dealer. They appear to be essentially new takeoffs.

I'm going to give them a shot on my XR250R ranch bike and hopefully give me an idea of how they work in gravel and hard pack stuff.
View attachment 286090
Excellent score there! Unless you're expecting real dirt bike knobby level performance, I think you'll like them. The rears are known to evaporate, but hopefully not too quickly on a 250.