• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

ADV Noobie here from Fort Hood/Central TX

Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Let me start by saying this is all new to me, including this forum stuff. I guess I never found the need to use one until now. Anyway... I'm a Soldier stationed at Fort Hood TX and I recently bought a Harley Davidson Pan America (just this week actually)! I have NO ADV experience however, I rode and race MX a bit on and off for many years. That said, I'm at a place and time in my life where i can get away from work a little more than normal and I really want to try my hand at Adventure exploring on my bike. I've been riding street bikes for 26 years now, had one before I got a car actually, so I have plenty of on road experience. I've done several motorcycle camping trips on my Road Glide but nothing back country. I'm excited to have found this group and hope to get out there and meet and ride with some of y'all real soon.

Attachments

• IMG_1188.jpg
    IMG_1188.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 121
  • IMG_1246.jpg
    IMG_1246.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 119
Nice looking bikes. There's some places to go around here but they take a bit of riding to get there. That said, your bike looks quite capable of anything Texas ADV riding requires, and of bringing lots of smiles along the way. Welcome. Look for a PM from me.

Aloha welcome from just down the road from you about 30/35 minutes. There are some decent paved roads around my area and between. We do a meet and greet once a month around Texas. Some nice parks to camp at also nearby. What was your first motorcycle? How long will you be stationed at Ft. Hood?

Wow, my first bike was a 1995 Katana 750 when I was 17 almost 22 years ago now. I’ve had many since but the PA is my first true adventure bike. I had a EXC 250 for a bit in NY at Fort Drum that I rode both on and off road. I did a top to bottom rebuild on it.

This is my second time at Hood and I only got here 2-3 months ago. I should be here at least 4 years maybe more.

It would be great if you could spare some time for a meet-up. I’d love to learn some new roads.

Attachments

• 1EC01829-0D47-4A45-805E-E4EF6EEE2035.jpeg
    1EC01829-0D47-4A45-805E-E4EF6EEE2035.jpeg
    211.9 KB · Views: 95
  • C41EBAD1-A01F-4253-918E-F4C7BCA00762.jpeg
    C41EBAD1-A01F-4253-918E-F4C7BCA00762.jpeg
    234.2 KB · Views: 87
  • AE5CD363-8ED3-4A4B-A97C-C8388DFEDA27.jpeg
    AE5CD363-8ED3-4A4B-A97C-C8388DFEDA27.jpeg
    251.5 KB · Views: 89
Last edited:
Wow, my first bike was a 1995 Katana 750 when I was 17 almost 22 years ago now. I’ve had many since but the PA is my first true adventure bike. I had a EXC 250 for a bit in NY at Fort Drum that I rode both on and off road. I did a top to bottom rebuild on it.

This is my second time at Hood and I only got here 2-3 months ago. I should be here at least 4 years maybe more.

It would be great if you could spare some time for a meet-up. I’d love to learn some new roads.
I will let you know when the location is decided on. I've heard of folks being station there more than once. Both good bikes. Where have you camped?

Here in TX, no where. However, I really would like to camp at big bend before the year is up. Maybe even this month if possible.
Aside from that… all over the east coast. MD, VT, NY, NC, KY and a few more places.

How about you?

I road through Lampasas twice yesterday by the way.

Here in TX, no where. However, I really would like to camp at big bend before the year is up. Maybe even this month if possible.
Aside from that… all over the east coast. MD, VT, NY, NC, KY and a few more places.

How about you?

I road through Lampasas twice yesterday by the way.
To many places to list, more remember.:rofl: More here in Texas. Some in CO and NM also. There are a few decent paved roads around here to ride and close to post.

@Cpto116 i am going to Big Bend Veterans Day weekend. We will be riding out of San Antonio and could meet along the way. Thinking Sat-Mon. Some may ride out Friday.

A Big West Texas welcome from our herd!! :welcome:

Check out the "Serve Yo Self part Deux" ride coming up in November!! Contact KTM Steve. A great bunch to ride with, and camping at Schriener Park in Kerville! I would love to see ya there! :patriot:

A Big West Texas welcome from our herd!! :welcome:

Check out the "Serve Yo Self part Deux" ride coming up in November!! Contact KTM Steve. A great bunch to ride with, and camping at Schriener Park in Kerville! I would love to see ya there! :patriot:
Is there some sort of link to the ride somewhere that I can check out?

Welcome, you can to the right place! If you want some sand riding, let me know!
E23FDD1B-63D8-4746-977E-15143D295F8E.jpeg

Welcome, you can to the right place! If you want some sand riding, let me know!View attachment 331811
Sand would be great. I want to work on all
Here ya go…

Thread 'Hill Country Serv Yo’self Part Deux Nov 4-6 2022'
https://www.twtex.com/forums/threads/hill-country-serv-yo’self-part-deux-nov-4-6-2022.131693/
this ride sounds great but this is the weekend I have to butcher my chickens and that can’t be avoided unfortunately. I’ll have to try and make the next one.

Sand would be great. I want to work on all

this ride sounds great but this is the weekend I have to butcher my chickens and that can’t be avoided unfortunately. I’ll have to try and make the next one.
I say, give the poor cluckers a reprieve, and go riding! If it's fried chicken ya want, there's a great chicken place in Kerrville!! :rider:

Back