• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

ADV RIDE /// Fred > Mason LOOP /// 04/17/2021 >>> Take-off 10am

Reaction score
First Name
Simon
Last Name
Laguë
(Going to start with a new post Sorry about that)

Hi
I plan to ride Fred > Mason Loop Next Saturday with the 501 04/17/2021. Anyone want to meet at Walmart at between 9:00 - 9:30 >>> Take-off 10am?
I am going to ride 501 and trailer my bike from Austin to Fredericksburg, TX Walmart parking lot
Plan to ride casual and help each other.

The Loop is about 174miles - We can have lunch in Castel and maybe get a little refreshment back on in town after the ride is over.
The area where this is some very nice scenery, super peaceful,

Here is the GPX link: 174M-V3
Thanks JT :)

Google from : webnel

SimonL

GPX viewer

Attachments

• Fred to Mason-174M-V3.gpx
    103.8 KB · Views: 209
No worries. I just don't know yet if I'll be heading the opposite direction Saturday to TJ's and Saturday has a higher chance of rain currently. I'll keep in touch on my schedule.

If you are doing the loop above, then Doss will be the first spot you pick up dirt. You could either ride the full loop and I could pick up with you at that point then break off again where the road picks up on 2323 and dirt back to Doss and you head back to Fred (that will be an all pavement run from the split point into Fred) or it could be made into a more dirt / less pavement loop starting and ending in Doss if wanted. If doing it that way then you would drop about 45 miles of pavement off. Those are my normal riding grounds so we could definitely modify for more dirt and more miles if desired. There are also a few side roads that come off that loop above in Mason county that are fantastic sections that could be easily added in as little loops.

- That Sound really nice maybe we can plan this ride another time and you show us the good spot :). I might need to park the car+trailer in Doss somewhere public
- For this ride meeting in Walmart is practical for folks coming from different areas.
- Rain Saturday, let see the % and wind pattern Friday if Sunday is better for weather I am good with that.

* Congratulation on the purchase :flip:

Screen Shot 2021-04-14 at 09.44.37.png

I'm interested but depends on me completing some chores before the weekend.

Looks wet tomorrow. Maybe Saturday as well?

Keeping a eye on the pattern % and wind, if by tomorrow after it show more rain coming we cancel, Good to go if all clear around Texas State.

This site is pretty cool, you can see everything

Saturday morning the % get lower

Let see tomorrow, everything change so quick can't predict

Last edited:
I just got a gig in New Braunfels on Saturday. Need to skip this one to prep.

Interested for Sunday loop. I’m headed to Fredericksburg Sat. From ETX to check on a friends place down there.

Weather look for tomorrow, and Sunday less rain %, I have no preference at this point between Sat or Sun, but I plan to do this ride and better with couple of other riders.
Look like there is 2 that request Sunday if anyone as a preference just let me know which day. time and place of meetup stay the same.

VOTE
[X] SATURDAY = X let go!
[X] SUNDAY =

Last edited:
I will likely ride both days so either is fine with me if you don’t mind me picking up as you pass through Doss and splitting again after Castell.

Jory: See you tomorrow
NickKel: We can pick you up in Doss somewhere just let use know location in time, we take-off Fred. at 10am

I won't make it tomorrow Simon, and Sunday is not likely either. Just a bunch of stuff to do around the house. :(

There more ride to come... work on the house:)

Jory: See you tomorrow
NickKel: We can pick you up in Doss somewhere just let use know location in time, we take-off Fred. at 10am

I’ll be in front of St. Peter church in Doss by 1040. It’s right on the path and timing should put us there pretty even by the time you get through Fred and follow the backroads. Does that work?

Please post when you leave Fred. Can message me too. 830-739-1004.

Great time with Nick & Simon today. Lot's of great Hill Country roads. Thanks for the patience guys, after the mishap!

The weather was super nice the road condition perfect the rain made it better. The track was great we skip some area paved in lighter blue (photo map) and trade it for dirt, thanks Nic for the proposition, The nature in the area is just amazing so much wildlife, I want to move there, sorry we have no photos, so that mean we need to go back :O

thank for the Interesting 271396-faa74ca851b77878c965301cd172087c.jpg

53A2561E-40B2-4456-94AC-7A395756EDD8.jpeg

285B99B5-39E5-463D-8E2A-0005A53654A1.png

story of Herman Lehmann, we stop by is memorial

Last edited:
Back