• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

adventure motorcycle show on netflix

I will admit, I haven't seen any of them nor read any of the books! Now that my schooling is officially over, guess I should join the rest of the world! Are they available other than netflix? Anyone happen to know if there is a version that would have Closed Captioning?

I also saw part of "Race to Dakar" which only has Charlie but the second DVD wouldnt play..

In which Charley decides to ride the Dakar, enlists 2 experienced team mates, receives BMW bikes prepped by Touratech, a staff SUV from BMW (then modified by a leading off road builder) and a 40 ton support truck loaded with spares. He also gets 2 mechanics and a team manger plus a couple of camera folks. Back in London he has an office with full support staff. He then proceeds to whine throughout most of the documentary.

If you're expecting much racing footage in a documentary about a 9,000 KM off-road rally you'll be disappointed. Some oft-repeated wide shots and brief helmet cams from Charlie's team bikes is about it. As for other competitors, unless they're talking to one of our team they may as well not exist.

Let's see a documentary about the guys that ride all day then show up at the bivouac to be greeted only by their white trunk of bike parts and camping equipment. They are the true Dakar heros. Well them & Dupress who must be one of the most sublimely talented riders on the planet.

He then proceeds to whine throughout most of the documentary.

I was a bit disappointed with Charlie. I felt like he would looking for a reason to quit from the beginning.

Are there any other Dakar documentaries out there you can recommend?

I try to share them with others every chance I get.

And the amazing thing is how well they transition to the non riding crowd. I hooked my parents and sister easy on Long Way Round. They all loved it.

Just a quick mention also... If you don't have Netflix, sometimes this stuff is on YouTube as well. Just search for the movie title plus "full movie"...

Another great moto-film is "TT3D: Closer To The Edge" about Guy Martin, John McGuiness and other Isle Of Man TT racers. Incredible footage.

Another great moto-film is "TT3D: Closer To The Edge" about Guy Martin, John McGuiness and other Isle Of Man TT racers. Incredible footage.

Oh my goodness, yes! Possibly the best, certainly the most cerebral road racing movie of all time. Pretty dark in places but the footage is fantastic.

Just a quick mention also... If you don't have Netflix, sometimes this stuff is on YouTube as well. Just search for the movie title plus "full movie"...

on netflix?

Next, someone will be talking about a cool old flick they just discovered called On Any Sunday. :-)

Thank you! I've been trying to remember that one since I found the others two just a few weeks ago. Yes, I too am a late bloomer!

Made me want another road trip, bad!

:rider:

Next, someone will be talking about a cool old flick they just discovered called On Any Sunday. :-)

The greatest and most influential motorbike movie of all time. And it can be enjoyed by the whole family. Watch it with your wife, kids, grandma. Doesn't matter if they don't like motorbikes. People who don't like motorcycle will still like this movie.

Saw them, didnt care for them. It was too manufactured and commercial. If I had their money, resources, and chase crews, I could do it too. Im not a fan of watching millionaires out playing in the dirt :mrgreen:

You *can* do it with a lot less.

If you want to ensure you do it and get there *on time*, you need that kind of support.

For the OP, if you aren't on ADVRider, go check it out. Lots of people doing the same thing on a MUCH smaller budget.

Did you also miss the Feasting on Asphalt series back then?

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwz8i6HZs5c&list=PLGqhxkv4Uh5bHxaSjq9F49RfF1bGA9_zw"]Feasting on Asphalt: Quincy Maid-Rite - YouTube[/ame]

Loved these shows. I also saw part of "Race to Dakar" which only has Charlie but the second DVD wouldnt play..

Anyhow, I've read my fair share of people complaining about the videos. I don't get it... Producing high quality video of something like this is not cheap or easy.

Ok, Charlie's rant about KTM I do get, but in the end I think it was the right decision. I am certain BMW poured a lot of money into this venture, failure was not an option. KTM simply doesn't have pockets that deep.

I bet KTM still kicks themselves for that decision every day lol. Imagine if time were re-wound to when this mini-series came out and KTM said yes. Wonder how different the ADV bike landscape would look today. :rider:

Back