• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Adventure Quest - NW Arkansas May 23-24, 2009

Also, my DRZ currently has a range of 80-90 miles before I hit reserve. Is this going to be an issue on this trip?

Candidly, I don't know if it will be an issue on some of the routes. One route 1 and 2 it won't be a problem but I'm not sure about routes 3-6.

Hey Guys,

I'm planning on providing maps for each group of riders.

I'm using the Ozark National Forest map as it is the best map I've found. It not only seems to be quite accurate but it appears to be appreciable more accurate than City Navigator, Google Maps, or the DeLorme Atlas. Because it seems to be the most accurate map I used it for planning the 6 routes.

I'm making copies of the pertinent sections of this map and will be bringing them with me to pass out to you guys. I think/hope that when you cross reference the map and the GPS routes you will be easily able to navigate the intended roads.

Update:

I got 50 sets of maps back from my printer today, which should be more than enough for everyone in our group to get one. Each set consists of four individual 11x17 color maps. The cost of a set is $5 to cover my costs for getting them produced.

RICK M said:
No Big A is not gonna make it this time , doing another trip the next weekend . Hope you can make it , see ya there if you do .
Rick M

Yeah I've really got this on my radar. Just have to wait and see how things shake out. Be good to see you again Rick.....bring tubes and duct tape. :rofl:

stingray said:
Come on down Kenny. I can buy that beer you owe me..... or I mean you can buy that beer that I owe you..... Heck, as long as we're buyin'/drinkin' a beer

SCCCCOOOOTTTTT!!! First round's on me!:chug: Woohoo!

What bikes are you guys riding?

Kenny

What bikes are you guys riding?

Kenny[/QUOTE]

SUZUKI DR SIX FIDDY :rider:

Richard, I would like two sets of maps!
Do you want to bring or mail them?
You can post your pay pal or I can get it off TAR site.

Don,

Either way works for me. I can mail them to you or you can get them on Saturday morning. Your call.

Same goes for anyone else, though if you want them mailed you should let me know asap so there is sufficient time for you to receive them prior to the event.

The cost to mail them is probably about $2, so if anyone wants one mailed now, paypal $7 to me for each set at rgibbens@austin.rr.com and I'll get them in the mail right away.

Last edited:
I,m in and can't wait!!! :rider:

I will be traveling from San Antonio, if anyone wants to trailer with me I can pick them up or I can ride with you and split the fuel cost.

I have not reserved a room yet. I will wait until Thur. 5-7 or Fri. 5-8 to see if anyone wants to split the cost of a room also. I prefer non smoking, but I will live.

My plans are to go up Friday morning 5-22 and come back on Monday 5-25. I may go up on Thursday 5-21 and get another day of riding while I'm there. Is anyone going up Thursady? I am open for other options.

Richard,

Do you have the routes mapped out on your maps that you have? If so I would like to ride up and get one to get myself familiar with the routes before I get there. I do not have a GPS.

Thanks

Richard,

Do you have the routes mapped out on your maps that you have? If so I would like to ride up and get one to get myself familiar with the routes before I get there. I do not have a GPS.

Thanks

Calvin,

Yes, I do. PM me and we can plan a time to get together and go over the routes.

Guys, count me in on this one.

I had to cut out on the Hillbilly Round Up for a family emergency.

Can't wait......How are the rooms holding out?

Hey Kenny,

I just cancelled my room so there is one now for sure. I am still going, I will be rooming with JBay and he had a room also.

We will be there Thursday night and ride Friday also if anyone wants to meet us a day early.

Lets Ride!

See you there.

Unless his plans have changed, Jredford is meeting me here in Huntsville and we are trailering up together.

By the way, they have been getting a LOT of rain up that way lately... It is gonna make for some fun water crossings! I highly recommend a few folks bring a can of starter fluid ;-)

I may need to install some outriggers with floates on the Dr 650 so my little butt wont drown in the creek crossings .:lol2:
Rick M

Hey Kenny,

I just cancelled my room so there is one now for sure. I am still going, I will be rooming with JBay and he had a room also.

We will be there Thursday night and ride Friday also if anyone wants to meet us a day early.

Lets Ride!

See you there.

Thanks for the heads up.

Getting ready to call now

Please take off (maybe) from my name.
Vacation approved and the bike is running great! My wife & kids agreed me to go as they will come together to enjoy "nothing" while I am riding.:rider:
Ken

:tab Hmmm... John had to bail. So I could really use someone to trailer with from the Huntsville area. I am leaving early Friday morning and plan to be back here in Huntsville early Monday evening. I have tons of room in the truck, Dodge Mega Cab, covered bed where we can lock stuff away and protect it from the weather, and either a two bike or five bike trailer. Truck seats four large adults with room to spare.

Please take off (maybe) from my name.
Vacation approved and the bike is running great! My wife & kids agreed me to go as they will come together to enjoy "nothing" while I am riding.:rider:
Ken

Hey Ken, glad to see your going to make it. See you on Friday!!

Kind of a repeat to my previous question- Will anybody be riding bikes with a sub-100 mile range? Just curious.

My riding buddy who is coming w/ just got a 5 gallon on his XRL, so if I need some spare go-juice I'll just mooch of his tank.

Back