• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Adventure Rider Breakfast Series - 2/25/17 - Backyard Bistro + 2 day ride option

Reaction score
First Name
Sander
***New dates for the February breakfast - Saturday, 2/25.

***With the overnight ride to Menard & back - Saturday, 2/25 and Sunday, 2/26

Interested in a 2 day overnight ride starting after breakfast? See the ride plan and information below the breakfast information.

32037690350_047edb4ff2.jpg

Saturday, February 18, 2017 @ 9a @ the:
BACKYARD BISTRO
830-535-4094
167 Panther Ridge Rd
Pipe Creek, TX 78063-5195
www.backyardbistrobandera.com

ADSadsADasd_zpszz7xzfta.jpg

Located directly behind Country Accents Antiques on Hwy 16 South, the Backyard Bistro offers an eclectic menu of American & Mexican cuisines from Chef Blanca and Chef Aaron.

Open for breakfast, lunch & dinner. Outdoor patio dining available with views of the gardens.

Click on the map below for an interactive map.
header-img6_zps67716af1.jpg

page2-img11.jpg

32000867470_ceb29b015f_n.jpg

Need a place to stay before the Breakfast or ride? Both cabins are a short walk from our Backyard Bistro They might also be able to accommodate truck and trailer parking while on the overnight ride to Menard.

2 day overnight ride information, ride up to Menard on Saturday and back to Bandera on Sunday, this a make up for the Menard overnight ride missed in December due to the weather.

OK it's official, rain dates in effect.

New dates for the February breakfast - Saturday, 2/25.

With the overnight ride to Menard - Saturday, 2/25 and Sunday, 2/26

The ride
Departing after breakfast at the Backyard Bistro.
Saturday route up / Saturday route option - Click Here
Sunday route down

My group will try to KSU before 10a. I'll have room for 4 to 6 in my group, if more than that want to ride we'll need to split up with a volunteer(s) leading the other group(s).

Lodging
There are a couple of motels in Menard, we picked:
Menard Budget Inn
208 Ellis St
Menard, TX 76859
(325) 396-4719

Campers - Menard County RV Park
https://trips.furkot.com/ts/zKjXxt- Full Hook-up RV Park nestled among mature pecan trees beside the San Saba River. We offer multiple types of hook-up sites, camping, fishing, pitch a tent right beside the river! We have male/female designated bathrooms and showers available on site!

32256985611_543ec71cae_o.jpg

Saturday route option - Click Here

32257155581_b3de4d692d_o.jpg

Can't make the start in Pipe Creek? Ride your own route from wherever you are to Menard for Adventure Rider fellowship.

For the route to Menard and back, what to expect on the different legs.

Saturday
Bandera to Kerrville

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L8fmIy51AVU"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L8fmIy51AVU[/ame]

Kerrville to Junction

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPsrGFOtjrs"]Texas Adventure Ride 2013 - Kimble Co. Road 412 - YouTube[/ame]

Junction to Menard
[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1upT3W8XNk"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1upT3W8XNk[/ame]

Sunday
Menard to Rocksprings

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V7Y3nY7_OFw"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V7Y3nY7_OFw[/ame]

Rocksprings to Camp Wood
[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w4e4Rf0P17o"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w4e4Rf0P17o[/ame]

Camp Wood to Bandera
[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5t5D8UgTtQA"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5t5D8UgTtQA[/ame]

Last edited:
Re: Dual Sport Breakfast+ - Saturday, Feb 18, 2017 @ 9AM - Backyard Bistro in Pipe Cr

:trust: Humm

Re: Adventure Breakfast - Sat 2/18/17 @ 9AM - Backyard Bistro in Pipe Creek & 2 day r

I'm up for it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Adventure Breakfast - Sat 2/18/17 @ 9AM - Backyard Bistro in Pipe Creek & 2 day r

SpiritAtBay and I are in. :mrgreen:

Seriously considering it. I might lead a contingent of 'sick, lame and lazy' if necessary; I'm good at that!

I think I can make it and the 2 day ride! Any camping available in Menard, or just the RV park?

Seriously considering it. I might lead a contingent of 'sick, lame and lazy' if necessary; I'm good at that!
Thanks Russ!

Any camping available in Menard, or just the RV park?

It looks like Menard County RV Park is it plus it's on the river!

Menard County RV Park is a unique RV Park located in Menard, Texas. Known for its Pecan trees, Bluebonnets and San Saba River with views that never disappoint, Menard County RV Park will keep you close to everything. Planning a trip is time consuming, but with our help, all you'll need to plan is what you bring with you for your one-of-a-kind getaway.

Full Hook-Ups 30 AMP - $20/night, 1-2 people (Each additional person $2/night)

Full Hook-Ups 50 AMP - $20/night, 1-2 people (Each additional person $2/night)

Sites with Electricity & Water - $15/night, 1-2 People (Each additional person $2/night)

Sites with Electricity - $10/night,1-2 People (Each additional person $3/night)

Tent Sites - $6/night, 1-2 People (Each additional person $3/night)

OK, looks like a go for the twin DR250s. Probably stay at the Budget as well.

OK, looks like a go for the twin DR250s. Going to stay at the Budget as well.

We have 'openings' for 3 or 4 old, slow, riders, those who are non-competitive and who don't mind just toodeling along. Oh, we will get there eventually, and will probably catch up to Sander's group at their rest stops/fuel stops/lunch stops, whatever. If not, that's fine too, the routes are loaded on the Zumo and we can find Mendard OK on our own.

We have 'openings' for 3 or 4 old, slow, riders, those who are non-competitive and who don't mind just toodeling along. Oh, we will get there eventually, and will probably catch up to Sander's group at their rest stops/fuel stops/lunch stops, whatever. If not, that's fine too, the routes are loaded on the Zumo and we can find Mendard OK on our own.

Sounds like my kind of ride. I'll take a spot if that's OK.

Hey Ivan,

We'd love to have you along with us!

Russ

We have 'openings' for 3 or 4 old, slow, riders, those who are non-competitive and who don't mind just toodeling along. Oh, we will get there eventually, and will probably catch up to Sander's group at their rest stops/fuel stops/lunch stops, whatever.

Russ keeps his group moving...I question the "toodeling" along, every time we would stop there Team 250 was. Slower and steady wins the race, not so tortoise and hare...he must have learned that riding a KLR to Alaska a couple of times.

Russ keeps his group moving...I question the "toodeling" along, every time we would stop there Team 250 was. Slower and steady wins the race, not so tortoise and hare...he must have learned that riding a KLR to Alaska a couple of times.

Hey, that KLR would RUN out on the open highway! And it was only once that I took a KLR there, learned my lesson!:giveup:

250's sounds like my kind of group :trust: Can you pencil me in?

Count me in. Looking forward to the Menard ride. I had fun doing the ride we did in its place out of Bandera. :clap:

I made the bold choice of Ojeda's Cafe for dinner on Saturday night. Actually it's the only sit down restaurant open at night. Menard has my ADV basics, fuel, a bed and food...

Ojeda's menu
31685069154_8b138b462a_z.jpg

32406336881_099dce1630_z.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Adventure Rider Breakfast Series - 2/18/17 - Backyard Bistro + 2 day ride option

I have loaded both days routes. Great layout! Looking forward to it. Have eaten at Ojeda's before. Good food......

Re: Adventure Rider Breakfast Series - 2/18/17 - Backyard Bistro + 2 day ride option

Im interested in this. It would be my first adventure ride ever if I can make it. I work most weekends, so it depends on approval from the boss at work and the boss at home.

I got some questions. How strict are yall on gear, equipment, etc? Am I able to tag along if I don't have riding pants and riding boots? I typically wear my thick FR work jeans and faux combat boots when riding. Also my bike isn't nearly as prepared as yalls are, I'm sure. Are there any things I would have to have? I plan to build a rack to carry two large ammo cans in the next week or so and hope to have enough essentials to fill them.

Thanks.

Last edited:

Okay, the wife approved. I'm in if y'all will have me. :rider:

I say the less extra weight the better. I can load my bike top heavy with just a few things. Lots of gravel roads - I would like more padding on the ground side of my pants.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got some questions. How strict are yall on gear, equipment, etc? Am I able to tag along if I don't have riding pants and riding boots? I typically wear my thick FR work jeans and faux combat boots when riding. Also my bike isn't nearly as prepared as yalls are, I'm sure. Are there any things I would have to have? I plan to build a rack to carry two large ammo cans in the next week or so and hope to have enough essentials to fill them.

Thanks.
Welcome TXHillbilly!

No fashion police or tech inspection. However, I'm sure you've heard of ATGATT, with best you have. I have a lingering pain from a 0 mile per hour tip over, you never know.

Most of the riders are pretty much self sufficient, tubes, slime, zip ties, duct tape, tools, water, etc. But of course in the case of an issue everyone pitches in resources and knowledge.

In my group we don't stop for lunch, we do have short breaks along the route in the county and at gas stops. I carry water and snacks for the stops, I'm trying to quit the gas station junk food...

Welcome TXHillbilly!

No fashion police or tech inspection. However, I'm sure you've heard of ATGATT, with best you have. I have a lingering pain from a 0 mile per hour tip over, you never know.

Most of the riders are pretty much self sufficient, tubes, slime, zip ties, duct tape, tools, water, etc. But of course in the case of an issue everyone pitches in resources and knowledge.

In my group we don't stop for lunch, we do have short breaks along the route in the county and at gas stops. I carry water and snacks for the stops, I'm trying to quit the gas station junk food...

Great! Sounds like my kind of ride. I ride atgatt, at least everything I have until I can afford better. Thanks for the response.

Hi Everyone,

I'm new to the TWT site. I am looking forward to joining up on some dual sport rides in and around the hill country and west Texas.

If there is still room, my brother and I would like to be a part of this ride. I will be on a KLR and he will be on a Husky 701.

Thanks
Matt

Back