• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Adventure Rider Breakfast Series - Saturday 1/4/20 @ 9a Little Gretel in Boerne then GSL Ranch ride - TARA/SA

Reaction score
First Name
Sander
arbs-png.png

#AdventureRiderBreakfastSeries / Ride Calendar
A Texas Adventure Riders Association San Antonio Chapter Event

logo-transparent-600x600.png
Little Gretel Restaurant - Breakfast at 9a
518 River Road
Boerne, TX 78006
email: littlegretel@gvtc.com
Phone: 830-331-1368
http://littlegretel.com/

I haven't given up on Adventure rides, the V Medina County 200 Adventure Motorcycle Ride, shorten from 250 miles for 2020, will be on Saturday, January 18, 2020.
Previous rides, 2019 2018 2017
Capture.JPG

Come to breakfast (9a), meet and talk with other like minded individuals. Some will also go to GSL Ranch to ride afterward, others will ride home, get out on your bike or trailer your dirt bike and join us for either or both.

Post Breakfast Dirt Bike Ride Information
For those ADVers with a dirt bike or those that ride their ADV like a dirt bike.

36745295_1068301093324182_2485678044426010624_n.jpg

GSL Ranch
517 Edge Falls rd.
Kendalia,TX 78027
http://www.twtex.com/forums/showthread.php?t=92310
210-315-2166 Sam is the property owner, give him a call for property or direction specifics.
https://www.facebook.com/GSL-Ranch-914928478661445/

The prices are $10 per day per rider, cash. Kids under 12 ride free.
FREE CAMPING! just pay your day fees. Non-riders free.

Rain date information will be posted on the Thursday before the ride if necessary.

Safety
AGATT

Having your emergency contact information on you and having that information readily available is critical. This is important not just for group rides but everyday. Even though you may have a buddy along on the ride you may get separated on the road.
At minimum:
Name
Your street
Your town, state, zip code
Driver's license # & state
Emergency contact
Emergency phone
I taped mine on the bottom of the visor of my dual sport helmet, I also taped another on the back side of my fairing near the dash. The important thing is that it is easy for anyone to find.

Adventure / dual sport roads are disappearing due to pavement or closures, etc. Respect landowners and other road users, slow down and ride quietly when passing, people, vehicles, animals, homes, etc.

Last edited:
whats the ETA for you guys hitting GSL ranch ?

i may skip work and ride... i havent been out to GSl since this spring

Jan 4th looks like a great day to ride, see you at 9:00am. I have been wanting to go to GSL for a while. Didn't want to go in alone on a huge property. Hope my little Himalayan can putter around.

Last edited:
Jan 4th looks like a great day to ride, see you at 9:00am. I have been wanting to go to GSL for a while. Didn't want to go in alone on a huge property. Hope my little Himalayan can putter around.

it's not a huge property and yeah there are trails your Himi will enjoy.

View attachment 251203
Monica and I went to GSL Saturday and burned in a few trails for y'all. (Not really but that sounds good doesn't it? LOL)

Heads up, at about 4:30 we were informed that all riding was cut off at 4 for a deer hunt. No notice was posted at the check-in. No release forms were there either.

Nevertheless, we had fun until they ran us out.

***I had posted this in the Medina 250 thread. silly me. this is where i meant it to go***

The landowner mentioned the 4p cutoff during deer season a couple of years ago. He said dirt bikes had priority use, and that the lessees knew that when they leased the property. I do feel bad some times when we are riding by during open riding hours and the hunters are watching us from their camp, but... Most of the past GSL rides the group had enough well before 4p.

I'll have some V Medina County 200 Adventure Motorcycle Ride stickers at breakfast and at GSL for those than plan on attending that ride.

Is this ride still on for today? I donā€™t see any bikes at the restaurant.

Opps, missed you. I rode to Sisterdale. Next time. Will give GSL a try soon.

JT and I showed up late in the day but got a couple of hours in. There's gotten to be a good amount of trails-more fun than ever.

I wish I would have gotten a picture of you doing your dog riding training.

Reminded me of Kookie.
imageproxy.jpg

The four wheelers have really chewed up the hill. I didn't attempt the up.

Did a little exploration.

Doing those rocks, keep going don't stop. Haha. Looks like you had a great day for it.

I just came across a video of the adventure bikes at the ride last year at GSL. I wouldn't have considered some of the stuff they did.

When are you getting your yamaha 700 tenere?
Ha, when I scratch for the cash. Bottom dropped out of my business so its beans and rice now. Revised plan is keep the strom for 5 years or so. So that's 23' or beyond. Nice to dream on it.

Back