• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Adventure Rider Breakfast Series - Saturday 10/19/19 @ 9a Backyard Bistro & Ride to the Harvest Classic - TARA/SA

Reaction score
First Name
Sander
ARBS.PNG

#AdventureRiderBreakfastSeries / Ride Calendar
A Texas Adventure Riders Association San Antonio Chapter Event
backyard-bistro-pipe-creek-texas.jpg

BACKYARD BISTRO
830-535-4094
167 Panther Ridge Rd
Pipe Creek, TX 78063-5195
www.backyardbistrobandera.com

Located directly behind Country Accents Antiques on Hwy 16 South.

Post breakfast ride to Luckenbach for the Harvest Classic www.harvestclassic.org
After breakfast I plan to ride up to Luckenbach, enjoy the event, look at cool bikes, watch the Pro & amateur trials competition, eat BBQ and ride home. Join me if you would like to. Mostly pavement, some unpaved, all back road ride to the Harvest Classic in Luckenbach and back.

Ride to the 17th Harvest Classic, a Central Texas Motorcycle Charities event benefiting the Candlelighters Childhood Cancer Foundation. What is the Harvest Classic like and what is there to do and see? Click HERE
HarvestMark2019.png
Capture.JPG

CDM_7505-1024x683.jpg

CDM_7637-1024x683.jpg

CDM_7149-1024x683.jpg

Route:
ro.JPG

Rain date information will be posted on the Thursday before the ride if necessary.

Safety
AGATT

Having your emergency contact information on you and having that information readily available is critical. This is important not just for group rides but everyday. Even though you may have a buddy along on the ride you may get separated on the road.
At minimum:
Name
Your street
Your town, state, zip code
Driver's license # & state
Emergency contact
Emergency phone
I taped mine on the bottom of the visor of my dual sport helmet, I also taped another on the back side of my fairing near the dash. The important thing is that it is easy for anyone to find.

Adventure / dual sport roads are disappearing due to pavement or closures, etc. Respect landowners and other road users, slow down and ride quietly when passing, people, vehicles, animals, homes, etc.

GPX viewer

Last edited:
I can't wait, the Harvest Classic is my favorite event of the year! I have too much left to do for the Rubber Chicken ride but I can't miss it.

Darn it. I'd love to make it but I have to deal with tire punctures. Two flats in two days of riding!!!!! I have another bike to ride, but I should probably take the time to change the tubes on the Scrambler and KLR.

JT and I will meet up with the gang in Center Point. We figure y’all will pass thru CP about 0940.

(We’re going to breakfast at Dos Los Amigos-if anybody wants to join us there )

Sander, y'all have a good ride this weekend. I'll be doing my usual 450lb of fall fish fry thing for the fire department Saturday night

you need to put that into a meet greet and eat next year. $ for your VFD and I different kinda ride for most folks. Me and you ride south Texas a bunch but most folk don’t know about these endless roads.

you need to put that into a meet greet and eat next year. $ for your VFD and I different kinda ride for most folks. Me and you ride south Texas a bunch but most folk don’t know about these endless roads.

that's a good idea. there's an old thread for VFD fish frys/fund raisers. i'll see if i can find the thread...

IMG_2168.JPG

One of the "Cage of Death" riders. Me: How long have you been doing this? he: "over thirty years"
me: how did you get started? he: well, i married this girl and her father was doing this, so it was kind of a package deal." 👍

IMG_2169.JPG

A dual sported Harley! incredible.

IMG_2174.JPG

What's with the mustache? And how does he clean bugs out of it? 😄

IMG_2171.JPG

Trials riders walk the course before competition begins.

IMG_2172.JPG

folks spectating

Back