• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Adventure Rider Breakfast Series - Saturday 11/17/18 @ 9a Backyard Bistro - TARA/SA

At 9 am , colder earlier , it will be 45 to 50 degrees, means heavy gloves . Will be cold early so wear cold season protection, then peel.

Last edited:
Sorry I was unable to make the breakfast. I was very much looking forward to meeting like minded folks. Out of town work prevented me this time. Weather looked wonderful for the get together.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Pardon me fellows, I didn’t get a chance to properly let y’all know I decided to head back to NB with Justin. Good call, got home just after sunset.

Great ride and I even got on some new dirt roads under my belt.

What a GREAT day!!!

Lots and lots of beautiful water.

The fact that no one went swimming was amazing, great group!

This picture paints the overview of fun. More to come.

45205476204_cc43f51698_h.jpg

DSC06518 by AvantMotorcycles, on Flickr

Last edited by a moderator:
Man, ducking out early and I’m still just now getting home. Then again my wife called me when I was in Bandera and arranged to meet me for dinner in Bulverde, so I suppose I could have been home45 minutes ago.

That was a fun ride but I’m sore from all the sphincter-clenching moments in the water crossings. Something learned today: momentum is key to a good water crossing; also, don’t follow someone through the water until they’ve made it across, or choose your own line because if they stall or go down, you lose your momentum. I had a very difficult time keeping on two wheels and getting going again because I was following too closely behind Brian on one of those crossings and had to stop.

89fcc0fe3d50b018ba619ba120fc1ec9.jpg
3f50e8e63c1e86e83ac617ba9a389d06.jpg
af516fcec7ca28e1d73184e2e6ed463a.jpg
c12f9aaed3c6b71c788db17870fa0909.jpg
51606b02b841948a2886644d236bee47.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JUSTIN, YOU MADE A GOOD DECISION. THERE WAS A TOUGHER, ROUGHER , LONGER SECTION THAN THAT BULLHEAD CREEK ROAD. THE OTHER RIDERS LEFT ME IN THE DUST BUT I ALWAYS MAKE IT THRU EVENTUALLY. HUGE POT HOLES AND WOOPS THAT HAD TO BE CAREFULLY NEGOTIATED WITH MY LOW CLEARANCE VSTROM (DIDN'T WANT A REPLAY OF AROUND THE BEND 2018). ALL THE FILLER HAS BEEN WASHED OUT OF THESE ROADS AND NOTHING LEFT BUT RUBBLE. FUN, BUT HOW YOU SAY, HIGH PUCKER FACTOR.

Pardon me fellows, I didn’t get a chance to properly let y’all know I decided to head back to NB with Justin. Good call, got home just after sunset.

Great ride and I even got on some new dirt roads under my belt.

I FIGURED YOU WERE OUT, AND SANDER ASKED AND I SAID YOU WERE OFF IN A DITCH :mrgreen:

I made it to Houston at 10 pm.
I had a fantastic time.
Good to see everyone.
Thanks for organizing and leading Sander.

It was indeed a great day! Loved to see Mark putting his brand new Ducati into the terrain it was meant for. Thanks again to Sander for putting the route together and to all of the other riders for a good time. Randy

It was indeed a great day! Loved to see Mark putting his brand new Ducati into the terrain it was meant for. Thanks again to Sander for putting the route together and to all of the other riders for a good time. Randy

:thumb:

The weather was perfect, today it's degrading quickly

Last edited:
Sander, I saw that guy selling photos on one of those sister roads. We get free pics . Yea! Thanks

I told that harley rider that we got stuck behind, "we do the sisters too, and all the roads in between".

Last edited:
Great to meet Y'all!!!! I had a blast on the ride and my Ducati did pretty well I thought too! thanks to again to Randy who called me up and introduced me to this group, I will be looking forward to joining you guys on the upcoming rides soon! Pic are awesome!!

Brian how do I contact that photographer on the sisters? I think he got a good pic of me riding?

-Marc

Brian how do I contact that photographer on the sisters? I think he got a good pic of me riding?

-Marc

I don't know , did you see a name on that sign he had. We went by too fast then back to the carving business at hand. If we knew you could probably Google it.

We need to do a ride ahead (as sander does with the creeks) and do some burst shots of our fellow riders next time on those roads. Will look amazing

We had a nicely skilled group of riders that handled everything with ease. I wish made the upper loop :trust:

Thx sander (taking the curve with one hand on the bar :bow:), neat site. Looks like single photo download is $12.

Last edited:
Back