• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Adventure Rider Breakfast Series - Saturday 11/20/21 @ 9a OST in Bandera

Reaction score
First Name
Sander
arbs-png-png.png

#AdventureRiderBreakfastSeries

The monthly breakfasts *(third Saturday) are to encourage the Texas adventure / dual sport community to get out and ride, meet other riders, share knowledge, information, see what others are planning and doing, etc.

Come to breakfast at 9a, meet and talk with other adventure motorcyclists. Get out on your bike (or 3 or 4 wheeled vehicle) and join us for either or both.

Some will also go for a ride afterward, others ride home.

1611109605065.png

OST Restaurant - meet at or before 9a
305 Main St
Bandera, Texas 78003
(830) 796-3836
MAP

Post Breakfast Ride Information

If anyone is up for a post breakfast ride see the optional route map below. The route is a no host self-guided GPS ride, as the ride is self-guided join a group or lead one.

*You determine your start time, groups usually take off before 10am.

A riding group size of 4 - 6 riders is optimal, with about a maximum of 8 or so, grouping by bike size or desired pace is also beneficial if possible.

Capable and willing group leaders are appreciated, to keep the groups from getting too large, and maximizing everyone's comfort and enjoyment.

The post Adventure Breakfast rides are all about fun, camaraderie, being safe and forming riding groups so no one rides alone, especially on back roads. Some groups will focus on completing the route, others will just relax and ride to their cut off time then break off and head home.

Rain date information will be posted here on the Thursday before the ride if necessary.

Adventure Rider Breakfast Series Ride fine print & route
Route information - *Disclaimer, I built the routes on my computer using the Roads of Texas map book as my guide which is the best and most accurate I have used, but not perfect, and MotoWhere's mapping program. So the routes may not be 100% accurate. I do not pre-ride the routes; it's an adventure for me also. Road closures, legal status, road conditions and routing of county roads can change. If in doubt, turn around and find another route - DO NOT trespass. If a landowner says you are on private property, don't argue; politely ask for directions to get back to a public road.

Optional Route
246 mi, 7 hours, 23 minutes - The route is longer than I would like, however it is optional. Start early, stop less, even shorting the route by turning around in Leakey would be a good ride.
1634916980104.png

Ride plan & Rider etiquette

When I lead a group I don’t stop for lunch in a restaurant, I'm in the office all week so when I'm on a ride I want to spend as much time as possible in nature. I plan a stop about midway out in the country for snacks or a sandwich I bring with me, there are also the planned fuel stop(s) to pick up a snack.

I stop at every corner without a clear / obvious direction to continue and wait for the entire group to make sure the last rider sees the proper way to go, there is NEVER a need to ride above your comfort level to keep up, if I'm leading I won’t leave you.

I encourage riders to spread out to avoid the dust, no need for anyone to ride in the dust. The daisy chain method also works well, especially when its extremely dusty to keep the group even more spread out, the rider in front of the other makes sure the rider behind makes the corner and so on until the sweep rider makes the corner. As long as each rider in front of the other takes responsibility for the rider behind, no one gets lost.

Please tell the leader of your group if your plans change and you decide to break off from the group, that prevents you being searched for.

Safety
AGATT

Having your emergency contact information on you and having that information readily available is critical. This is important not just for group rides but everyday. Even though you may have a buddy along on the ride you may get separated on the road.
At minimum:
Name
Your street
Your town, state, zip code
Driver's license # & state
Emergency contact
Emergency phone
I taped mine on the bottom of the visor of my dual sport helmet, I also taped another on the back side of my fairing near the dash. The important thing is that it is easy for anyone to find.

Properly prepare you motorcycle, in advance for the ride. Be ready to ride when the group you join is ready to take off, including a full tank of gas, or at least a 100 mile range.

Adventure / dual sport roads are disappearing due to pavement or closures, etc. Respect landowners and other road users, slow down and ride quietly when passing, people, vehicles, animals, homes, etc.

Last edited:
Looks awesome—looking forward to it. Hope to learn how to import the map and have it displayed on my screen (via Apple CarPlay).

Hopefully it gets cool by then. Sounds like fun. Sander has some new word age on the flyer. Good Stuff keeping it fresh. Ps, I get toast, don't like their biscuits.
chrome_screenshot_1635161013486.png

Looks awesome—looking forward to it. Hope to learn how to import the map and have it displayed on my screen (via Apple CarPlay).
If carplay is like the Android car system all you need is to find an app on your phone that will handle .GPX files. I use a rather complicated app that has quite a learning curve called https://osmand.net/. If I can figure it out, I know you certainly can.

Thanks guys! Appreciate the inputs. I could use Google, Apple Maps and I have a subscription to REVER but I have had NO luck getting REVER to display on the screen on the bike. I normally just use WAZE for good SA on the route, any obstructions/hazards and the police.

Will try to be in & First longer ride on the 690. Why is it the more bikes ive gotten, the less time I have to ride?!

Attachments

• Polish_20211107_090549346.jpg
    Polish_20211107_090549346.jpg
    579.8 KB · Views: 150
Does this route include dirt? I'm kind of dirt adverse with my Stelvio and it looks a little long for the KTM. Never been out with you guys and trying to figure out what to expect.

Keith

Does this route include dirt? I'm kind of dirt adverse with my Stelvio and it looks a little long for the KTM. Never been out with you guys and trying to figure out what to expect.

Keith
There is some dirt on this one. Just dirt roads though. Nothing too crazy.

You could potentially route around it, I suppose.

Going to be a little chilly on the way in, but should turn into a nice day:

1637244924961.png

Back