• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Adventure Rider Breakfast Series - Saturday 3/16/19 @ 9a Backyard Bistro - TARA/SA + 2-Day Ride to Brady & back

I am riding this weekend with another group as a send-off party to one who is retiring and moving to Florida to live on his new boat. This ride looks like fun, and I hate to miss it. Will plan to join you in April.

I’m thinking about trying another method to cross James river...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll hold your beer...

I am riding this weekend with another group as a send-off party to one who is retiring and moving to Florida to live on his new boat. This ride looks like fun, and I hate to miss it. Will plan to join you in April.
Your still riding, that counts đź‘Ť. Plenty more to come including those 99 degree or better days.

Looks like i ordered the wrong, larger fuel tank. It is not fitting correctly. So am now wondering if I have the range to make this ride. Stock DRZ 400 probably good for 80 to 90 miles. Anyone know if this is gonna be a problem with these routes?

SAB and I have to drop off the pooch at the pooch sitters in Fredricksburg. We will pick up the track at Kneese Rd and Lower Crabapple. We will see y'all in Brady if not before.

10 rode some or all of the routes, 8 overnight-ed in Brady.

Our group rarely stopped so fewer pictures than normal.

Videos coming soon.

Its a pain getting up there and preparing for these rides for me, but man its fun when we are actually riding. Was a little cool but I was not uncomfortable because I had the layers. Most of these roads this time were fast, non-technical gravel roads. Still ,they were siliprry due to grading and had to watch the cornering on my heavy. It was quite dusty and we all ended up looking like extras for those road warrior movies. There were fewer creek crossings on the whole route both ways than usual. Got to see "the northern hill country" which Austin folks are used to. Rolling hill pastures with Rocky red boulder outcropings of sandstone and beautiful red granite as where southern hill country is composed of more limestone formations and reefs of the ancient coastline. Coming home, we did the twisty paved goat paths (as mr2mch calls them ) south of Doss, TX which continued down to Kerrville (one i noticed called pecan creek rd). These roads are non stop twists and steep hills. Mark (subcomm) was quite pleased with these on his mighty Super Tenere 1000. Sander and I carved them up big time with high speed xhilaration . You know , that feeling coming into a corner hot with down slop braking and you get that rapid oscillation of the bike, thats when you know your pushing mighty close to the edge. Still have to keep a sharp eye on the odd pickup around the corner or crest of the hill, and the cows. Youve heard of the fastest indian, im calling Sander the "Fastest DR". The boy can ride! I need to ask him to check his brake light too Scott (tourmeister), cause I never saw it come on :lol2:.

Last edited:
Sander, what was that SUV out there talking to you and Dannyboy about on the road yesterday?

Dan took these pictures, the wreck was just before getting back the Backyard Bistro on Sunday.

Smoke was still it the air when we got there.

Really bothered me the rest of the way home.

If I was lost, then a beautiful day. Where the group was form, Austin growth and real estate prices, etc.
Haha,

Also, Southtex (kirk) texted me and said the weather was not looking good starting friday and saturday for that TORCS deal. I wont go if its raining. Just a fyi. Course, as you know ,nothing will stop the event I'm sure.

Dan really filled us in on that wreck at pipe creek. As usual the illegal alien will suffer no fault /penality and the victim will get to pay higher insurance premiums and purchase/repair their vehicle. I heard all the responders as I was leaving. Like you said, im not interested in wrecks either cause ive had my share of that excitement. (WHOLE families are stoping on the side of the interstate now to play in the wildflowers next to the 85mph missles checking their text messages, something bad is going to happen i fear)

Y'all must have made a quick ride home from Kerrville too. I was probably just 30 min ahead of y'all if y'all were there at the time of the wreck. It was nice to arrive home at 5:30 instead of 8. We had a small fast group as we mentioned.

Back