• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Adventure Rider Breakfast Series - Saturday 3/20/21 @ 9a OST in Bandera - DAY CHANGE .3

Looks great. John—How long did it take to ride it? Are u leading a group on Saturday?
Last Wednesday I did a counter-clockwise loop. Out of Kerrville 27-39-1340-41. Hackberry-335-Bullhead-336-continue south. I stayed on the lower route between Utopia and Bandera. Stopped for 7 folks on horses happened to be on road/crossing same time as I came by in the HC Outdoor Park (name?). Big area for horse back riding with designated trails. 1st time through there. From Bandera took Elm Creek to C Point. 5 hrs moving, 1 hr stopped, 220 miles.

Plenty of drizzle and light rain in combination with heavy fog. Not the best conditions, to be sure, but I had the road to myself. I didn’t have the route on gps, as I typically follow the leader. So my route probably wasn’t exactly like the planned ride. I tried to stitch together as much unpaved roads as I could. It felt a lot safer on the dirt than on pavement anyway. I saw no one but a family on a side by side on Hackberry Road and one truck on Bullhead road. The only sketchy part of that was that steep descent in fog and drizzle. Slick and a bit unnerving. But about halfway through to the other end and the fog and drizzle lifted, the sun started coming out, and conditions became really nice. Plenty of water in all the crossings on Hackberry Road.

There’s no way I’d have rode by myself on those roads, in those conditions, on my klr650. I’d be afraid of dropping it and not being able to pick it up by myself. But I got a new toy and man, what a difference it makes. I found a used XT250 on Facebook marketplace and bought it last week. So today was its maiden voyage with me. It is a 2009 with only 1185 miles on it when I got it. After today, it now has close to 1500. Poor bike has led an easy life...... not any more!

View attachment 286994
^^ As it was when I got it

View attachment 286995
View attachment 286996
View attachment 286997
View attachment 286998
View attachment 286999

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nice bike. I totally agree about the KLR 650, which I rode for years. Great bike, but definitely not for riding by yourself (mine leaned over on the kickstand in deep sand; I was barely able to pick it up by myself). I currently ride a WR250R.

Woohoo! Looking forward to riding the route again..... this time, not solo.

Got another bike to ride out there. I hope I have enough fuel to make it between stops. Anyone willing to be a tanker and help refuel a bike with a two gallon tank? I just got the bike and had no time to get a rotopax or other way to carry extra fuel.

I wish I could. Around the Bend last weekend was great, I won’t be able to go this one I need to be home for the family. It might change last minute never know. The 1190 got a new rim and she is ready and she getting a stink eye because I didn’t take her to big bend.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    183.6 KB · Views: 165
Woohoo! Looking forward to riding the route again..... this time, not solo.

Got another bike to ride out there. I hope I have enough fuel to make it between stops. Anyone willing to be a tanker and help refuel a bike with a two gallon tank? I just got the bike and had no time to get a rotopax or other way to carry extra fuel.

Bring a siphon hose and you can suck all you want. I have 5.8 gal so won't be a issue.

The weather is looking good. My DR is ready to ride Saturday!
Sander, I'm bringing a friend along. We'll be staying at the Castroville Regional Park Friday and Saturday night. Can we meet up with you Saturday morning for the ride up to Bandera?

Sander, I'm bringing a friend along. We'll be staying at the Castroville Regional Park Friday and Saturday night. Can we meet up with you Saturday morning for the ride up to Bandera?

Justin, great! We'll hit some dirt on the way up.

How about meeting here, the road side park, https://goo.gl/maps/74oYmTZa8dKDen1G8, about 745a?

1615912830856.png

Planning to be there. I did this ride last year and it was 500+ miles for me, exhausting but fun.

Looking like 370 miles for me. I'm going to try and do 370 on the 390.

Hoping that new seat is more comfortable.

Anyone want to meet at ost for dinner tonight I'll have my black Suzuki hoodie inside and strom outside around 630pm.

Looking like 370 miles for me. I'm going to try and do 370 on the 390.

Hoping that new seat is more comfortable.

The roads are perfect for the 900 though. Why the 390?

Back