• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Adventure Rider Breakfast Series - Saturday 4/20/19 @ 9a Keese's Bar-B-Que in Medina - TARA/SA

I will be there for breakfast and at least most of the ride.

Got my eyes [emoji102] on this one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mud-Monster.jpg

Kerrville, tx. TONIGHT
  • APR 16

66Ā° LO F
    Mostly cloudy; mild
  • WED
    APR 17

82Ā° /55Ā°
    A damaging p.m. thunderstorm
    More
  • THU
    APR 18

73Ā° /46Ā°
    Mostly sunny; not as warm
    More
  • FRI
    APR 19

82Ā° /51Ā°
    Plenty of sunshine; pleasant
    More
  • SAT
    APR 20

83Ā° /58Ā°
    Plenty of sun

• It's going to be one of those glorious spring days after the front passage on Thursday. Will see lots of bikes out in the hill country on Saturday

Kerrville, tx. TONIGHT
  • APR 16

66Ā° LO F
    Mostly cloudy; mild
  • WED
    APR 17

82Ā° /55Ā°
    More
  • THU
    APR 18

73Ā° /46Ā°
    More
  • FRI
    APR 19

82Ā° /51Ā°
    More
  • SAT
    APR 20

83Ā° /58Ā°
    Plenty of sun

• It's going to be one of those glorious spring days after the front passage on Thursday. Will see lots of bikes out in the hill country on Saturday
Kerrville, tx. TONIGHT
  • APR 16

66Ā° LO F
    Mostly cloudy; mild
  • WED
    APR 17

82Ā° /55Ā°
    More
  • THU
    APR 18

73Ā° /46Ā°
    More
  • FRI
    APR 19

82Ā° /51Ā°
    More
  • SAT
    APR 20

83Ā° /58Ā°
    Plenty of sun

• It's going to be one of those glorious spring days after the front passage on Thursday. Will see lots of bikes out in the hill country one more thing

• Mike, Your avatar looks good!
    Hey guys, I just checked Keese and they do have an electric plug in outside the building. Probably will need an extension cord though....

Planned gas stops, in order.
Kerrville
Center Point
If necessary we can deviate to Morales St, IH 10 &, FM 2169, Junction, TX 76849 for a top off.

Lunch break, depending on progress, probably at the Little Devils River crossing on 4301.

Breakfast menu

And yes, Keese has an outlet for the electric bikes if needed, but I do suggest an extension cord....

My brother wants to roll out at 7:30, so I'm not going to be able to make it. Y'all have fun.

So, did my job in san Antonio and picked up my wheel barrow I ordered from northern tools. Got to pipe creek camp this afternoon and discovered the rear wheel bearing seal disturbed on the chain side. Upon further inspection saw that the cage bearing was damaged and probably 1 ball missing. No good to take that mess out in the boonies. Just packed up and back home now. I'm not so sad, probably since I realize it was fortunate I discovered the issue rather than on the track and dragging y'all down. Time to check out Rocky mountain atv for the part number.
Y'all have fun... enjoying a cold cerveza

Y'all be sure and have their breakfast taco! It's a good (and large) one. I had one this morning, coffee and that was just over $3. :). I thought I might get to meet some of you this morning, but I guess at 42 degrees, I understand that it's better to let it warm up just a little first! See ya next time.

Reactions: Vec

Attachments

• a10291b95fd402ef484b72bd75982358.jpg
    a10291b95fd402ef484b72bd75982358.jpg
    641.5 KB · Views: 238
  • 715a86e35541e3dcf4939c5509b98c1d.jpg
    715a86e35541e3dcf4939c5509b98c1d.jpg
    385.1 KB · Views: 232
Last edited:
What a great day! So we made the most of it, I pulled in my driveway at 803p.

Fantastic variety of riders and bikes. 250-1200. 40+ years of experience to 6 months on his first bike.

Cold, not cool start. My custom riding vest under my jacket didn't save me on the ride to breakfast.

I arrived at Keese's a little after 830a with a group of 3 other riders, as I parked the owner pulled up on his new Suzuki Van Van. Two riders were seated inside, one that had ridden all the way from Houston that morning! Yes Houston to Medina before 830a. And I was cold on my hour ride.

By the time we started the ride after 10a the weather was perfect.

There was a bicycle race around Kerrville, we came up behind an ambulance scene involving a bicyclist. I feared the worse, we heard he was up, suffering from exhaustion.

Very little traffic, a little wind to blow off the dust.

My takeaway for the day? Good tires, I'll tell the story at the next breakfast.

Last edited:
Great ride Sander! I was pleased with the way the Triumph handled the off road stuff. I felt the extra weight over the Ducati desert sled a bit and I think it could use a little more tire in the dirt, but the torque was amazing and you rarely have to shift just give it gas in 5th gear at 2000 rpm and it pulls like a freight train!

Back