• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Adventure Rider Breakfast Series - Saturday 7/18/20 @ 9a Los Dos Amigos Restaurant in Center Point - TARA/SA

Reaction score
First Name
Sander
arbs-png.png
#AdventureRiderBreakfastSeries

Adventure Rider Breakfast Series rides dates HERE
A Texas Adventure Riders Association San Antonio Chapter Event

The monthly breakfasts *(third Saturday) are to encourage the Texas adventure / dual sport community to get out and ride, meet other riders, share knowledge, information and see what others are planning and doing, etc.

Come to breakfast at 9a, meet and talk with other adventure motorcyclists. Some will also go for a ride afterward, others ride home. Get out on your bike and join us for either or both.

Los Dos Amigos Restaurant
322 FM 480
Center Point, TX 78010
Google map
May be parking lot, safety distance dining. And if they are closed, getting something at the gas station.

1593555460759.png

Post Breakfast Ride Information
If anyone is up for a post breakfast ride see the optional route map below. The route is a no host self-guided GPS ride, as the ride is self-guided join a group or lead one.

The post Adventure Breakfast rides are all about fun, camaraderie, being safe
and forming riding groups so no one rides alone, especially on back roads. Some groups will focus on completing the route, others will just relax and ride to their cut off time then break off and head home.

*You determine your start time, groups usually take off before 10am.

A riding group size of 4 - 6 riders is optimal, with about a maximum of 8 or so, grouping by bike size or desired pace is also beneficial if possible.

Rain date information will be posted here on the Thursday before the ride if necessary.

Adventure Rider Breakfast Series Ride fine print & route
Route information - *Disclaimer, I built the routes on my computer using the Roads of Texas map book as my guide which is the best and most accurate I have used, but not perfect, and MotoWhere's mapping program. So the routes may not be 100% accurate. I do not pre-ride the routes; it's an adventure for me also. Road closures, legal status, road conditions and routing of county roads can change. If in doubt, turn around and find another route - DO NOT trespass. If a landowner says you are on private property, don't argue; politely ask for directions to get back to a public road.

Optional Route - 210 miles, 7 hours, 10 minutes
1593555109716.png

Last ride compilation video

Ride plan & Rider etiquette
When I lead a group I don’t stop for lunch in a restaurant, I'm in the office all week so when I'm on a ride I want to spend as much time as possible in nature. I plan a stop about midway out in the country for snacks or a sandwich I bring with me, there are also the planned fuel stop(s) to pick up a snack.

I stop at every corner without a clear / obvious direction to continue and wait for the entire group to make sure the last rider sees the proper way to go, there is NEVER a need to ride above your comfort level to keep up, if I'm leading I won’t leave you.

I encourage riders to spread out to avoid the dust, no need for anyone to ride in the dust. The daisy chain method also works well, especially when its extremely dusty to keep the group even more spread out, the rider in front of the other makes sure the rider behind makes the corner and so on until the sweep rider makes the corner. As long as each rider in front of the other takes responsibility for the rider behind, no one gets lost.

Please tell someone in the group if your plans change and you decide to break off from the group, that prevents you being searched for.

Safety
AGATT

Having your emergency contact information on you and having that information readily available is critical. This is important not just for group rides but everyday. Even though you may have a buddy along on the ride you may get separated on the road.
At minimum:
Name
Your street
Your town, state, zip code
Driver's license # & state
Emergency contact
Emergency phone
I taped mine on the bottom of the visor of my dual sport helmet, I also taped another on the back side of my fairing near the dash. The important thing is that it is easy for anyone to find.

Properly prepare you motorcycle, in advance for the ride. Be ready to ride when the group you join is ready to take off, including a full tank of gas, or at least a 100 mile range.

Adventure / dual sport roads are disappearing due to pavement or closures, etc. Respect landowners and other road users, slow down and ride quietly when passing, people, vehicles, animals, homes, etc.

Last edited:
I sure missing these rides and more importantly is many great riders and mix of machines that show up for these Saunders gatherings. If you are new to the area this is the ride for you to hit the ground running.
Saunders I was down in the area 2 weeks ago and was able to ride several sections of this planned route. [emoji3][emoji3]

Remember it’s the Journey before Destination.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I sure missing these rides and more importantly is many great riders and mix of machines that show up for these Saunders gatherings. If you are new to the area this is the ride for you to hit the ground running.
Saunders I was down in the area 2 weeks ago and was able to ride several sections of this planned route. [emoji3][emoji3]

Remember it’s the Journey before Destination.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We miss you too.

Haven't had a chance to ride with y'all in over a year! I lost my dad in July of last year and I had to spend the winter and part of spring in Chicago re-organizing the company I inherited from him. anyway I'm back in Texas (well except for July-as I'm at my Wisconsin lake home this month) but starting August I want to do more riding!! I just picked up a new KTM 790 Adventure too!!! See y'all in August!

Hey Sander, when I click on your map I get a message that I don't have access. In previous posting I think I could open these maps, Any idea what's different?

Oh good; I'll bring your t-shirt for the rally that never happened.

Anybody else want one? I have extras...

20200319_182718.jpg

Hi Sander, planning to ride with the group, Q: is the circuit cock wise?

Simon,

Counterclockwise. The letters are the start, and stops.

Unfortunately, I wont be able to make the ride.
Prepping for a dirt bike I discovered a broken frame on my wife's TTR125L, so that has sent me in a working direction I haven't planned.

Counterclockwise, ok, Crack frame is important, color frame maki it easy to notice.

Last edited:
With Sander out, is the ride still on?

Yes, it should be, I just post it.

Post Breakfast Ride Information
If anyone is up for a post breakfast ride see the optional route map below. The route is a no host self-guided GPS ride, as the ride is self-guided join a group or lead one.

Ok, just booked a place.

I guess show up around 9:45am if doing the ride?

Back