• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Adventure Rider Breakfast Series - Saturday 7/18/20 @ 9a Los Dos Amigos Restaurant in Center Point - TARA/SA

Going to be there also with my 1190

Present with 1190, just trying to figure if I should stay the night in KRville

There will be the special sand test on Keyersville road.

And Sandy creek.

Before Sandy creek

Kman's video from the same basic route last year.

Reactions: JT
Man, Sander, videoshop are the best, to bad you have fix the blue frame.

There is some in Sandy Creek last time I went by.
Thanks. In that case, I'll alter my route a bit and split off from the group before we get there to stay on the more hard packed roads.

Next time I can bring my 450 and go play in the sand :)

And Post Oak road before Keyersville Road. I don't really like sand, even on my DR650.

The last time I rode the route, Keyersville Road was the toughest, Post Oak road second.

Webnel shot this, I think on CR105.
After the sandiest part of Post Oak road, that was clockwise, this time it will be before.

Last edited:
This is the route I'm planning on riding Saturday:

If you see any issues with the route, please let me know.

I'm hoping to start out with the group and then split off around Willow City where I'll stick to the Butler map roads for a bit. Then the route reconnects with the original over by Enchanted Rock. My goal is to avoid the sandy parts since I'm not really set up for it on this trip.

If anyone else wants to ride this route with me, feel free to join in.

Last edited by a moderator:

I'm hoping to start out with the group and then split off around Willow City where I'll stick to the Butler map roads for a bit. Then the route reconnects with the original over by Enchanted Rock. My goal is to avoid the sandy parts since I'm not really set up for it on this trip.

Jarret, if you are going back to center point at the end of the ride or somewhere close I'll ride along on your route. Not looking for any hero stuff either in this heat. I am also not going in the restaurant but will be out in parking lot where everyone can have a good laugh at me waiting 😉

Jarret, if you are going back to center point at the end of the ride or somewhere close I'll ride along on your route. Not looking for any hero stuff either in this heat. I am also not going in the restaurant but will be out in parking lot where everyone can have a good laugh at me waiting 😉
I have to make it back to Kerrville, at least. Going to play it by ear about riding back to Center Point after that. Not sure if there is good reason to.

I was planning on rolling up to the restaurant around 9:30am or so to give folks time to eat.

If you click on this link, put it on satellite view and zoom in, you can see the road surface.

I spot checked it and a lot of the route looked paved.
Thank you for the reply, I have been pulled into some work on Saturday morning that I could not move around. Will try to join the next time. Thank you and safe ride

Kickback drinking a beer watching TV at pipe creek camp. I love primitive camping :lol2:

See y'all in the morning.

Ps...That bike in the garage is waiting

I’ll try to make it tomorrow morning. There’s been so little rain, wouldn’t the Sandy Creek crossing be dry? Last time I was out there it was dry and we had some rain back then.

I got a sidecar again.... this time to hang on my Scrambler. But the sidecar is going to be a real ton of work. Also sold my house on Monday am in the middle of moving, so any work on the sidecar will take some time. Until then, I guess I better be prepared for a bike drop. I’ll join any group that doesn’t mind waiting for my slow self to keep up.

If I make it, I’ll be on the klr650

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Will be there on my new 790 adv! Compared to the multistrada 1200 enduro it is like riding a 125.

Bringing a bud with a new t700. Must be covid Christmas. Even looking forward to sand.

Our goal is to leave the restaurant as early as possible so we miss the heat.

I'll tag along. Wrestling a cat in a sandbox can be a chore.

Good ride today. Hope everyone made it home safely. It was nice to meet the new folks and see others again.

Some pics

This last one has a story. So, I'm riding through the ranch roads north of Kerrville. And I come across these three donkeys in the road. I stopped to take a picture and a rancher in a pickup pulled up next to me and said, "you gotta watch out for the dumb asses on the road." :D

Got a little hot today. I had some frozen water bottles in an insulated bag in my trunk. I put a couple bottles, still frozen solid, under my jacket at the Sandy Creek crossing. I headed directly back to New Braunfels from Llano. By the time I got home, both the frozen solid bottles were thawed and were warm as horse p1ss.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very nice ride after sandy creek couple of patch of sand it got a little technical but super fun. For the heat get to you after six hour. After a good day of riding there is noting like a good liquid

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    209.2 KB · Views: 165
Back