• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!
  • The Vendor forum is for users that wish to offer their services or products to the TWT Community. Creation of a new thread is limited to users that are members of the TWT Vendor usergroup. Contact Tourmeister to join this usergroup. Vendors may create ONE thread to promote their business. They will still be able to edit and reply to their thread, and reply to anyone else's, but they are limited to one thread. Regular users can reply to any existing thread. Vendors should strive to keep all of their business related posting in this thread.

Adventure Tour/Dual Sport Bags

Now this is just getting silly. Besides you forgot the foam liner to keep the ice from melting.

On topic though, I wish my Happy Trails ones had a builtin lock. I find it a pain to keep some small padlocks around to it secure. Plus they rattle a lot.

Beer is a serious thing! In Colorado, we had a jug of home brew from a local micro brewery and we wrapped it in a guy's bike cover then stuffed it in his saddle bag and packed snow all around it. So a petcock or something would not be out of line :-P

Guiness-Brilliant.jpg

I have been shopping for aluminum cases for my 2008 KLR650. For racks, the SW Motech seem to be real popular. They have a quick release so the rack and case can both come off quickly but together.
http://www.twistedthrottle.com/trade/productview/3810/653/

The Happy Trails racks and aluminum cases are poular.

The least expensive aluminum cases are from KLR650.com. About $300 for two basic cases with lids. Lockable with pad locks.

I decided to buy racks from a local guy in San Antonio. Check out Packrat Adventure Gear. He just does racks for the KLR. He will put a mount on the rack to relocate helmet lock, which is nice.

It would be nice to have a local Texas vedor of cases. I have not bought cases yet. I have decided on a temporay solution because of $$ right now. Will put 20mm army surplus ammo cans on for now. $15 each. Not quite as big as I would like and twice as heavy as aluminum.

Will probably be shopping again for aluminum side cases later.

I agree with Scott. We must get our priorities straight. Buddy, I just need you to devise a cooling system. Thanks.

BikeKeg1%5B1%5D.jpg

You have obviously never seen my Valkyrie:eek2:
My whole philosophy is clearly "A man's chrome is his hassle".:rider:

You are correct, I made an assumption. For some folks shiny bits are part of their therapy. It makes you take time from the hustle and bustle. Get reconeccted with you inner a. retentive self. :zen:

I would be interested in seeing how the project progresses. :mrgreen:

Many of my would be suggestions have already been made...

One other offering I have is multiple mounting system options. The Touratech and Moto-Sport systems are very similar as both use a lip on the lower mount, The upper holes are in very slightly differing positions. My suggestion is to use a common lower rail and have templates to drill the upper holes for either of these two brands. The downside of these mounts is that you must open the box to access the attachment system. It is much stronger than the three point style with latches though.

For business purposes must you decide on one mount, or will you have flexibility to offer cross brand compatibility?

My tuppence worth
Boxes that can be detached without opening.
Flat lids
Lids that can be completely removed.
Tie down points on lids
Re-enforced corners (outside bottom) for the guarenteed drop.

With the exception of the lids being able to be removed, http://cariboucases.com/ fits the ticket. Pelican cases are very strong...the Caribou system integrates nicely with them.

RB

This project is on hold, as the fabricator has undertaken a quite
large contract and this niche product for him has taken a back
burner for him. If I can find another fabricator I will start with the
work we have already done and continue.

Thank you for all the interest

Back