• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Africa Twin thread

About tubes for the AT I know the Thread is little oder just like to put this out in case people search.....
Before the tubeless conversion I used those tubes good tubes in my opinion

Rear
IRC Tube 110/100-18 Heavy Duty
No did not have issues with heat build up on the highway just put some baby powder and all good

Front
Kenda 2.75/3.00-21 Motorcycle Tube

Found out why my windshield was a little wobbly at speed, the apparently common front subframe crack as seen in the rust line below. Spent a few hours today pulling it apart to get that out to mig weld it up. I'm a super amateur welder, but it was a fun little project. Hoping to get it back together tomorrow, we'll see what time allows.
View attachment 326950

Wasn't too bad getting it all apart honestly, we'll see how it is to put back together I guess.
View attachment 326951

The entire front side weld wasn't doing a thing anymore, boogered that up a bit first. Then I used a little CAD(cardboard assisted design) to make a gusset with some scrap metal i had laying around.
View attachment 326953

View attachment 326954

The factory gussets on the backside were holding it all together, i boogered up the failed weld on that side as well, now we'll see if it'll go another 80k miles before it cracks again.
View attachment 326955
Nice job this makes me think to take my front apart and just Tig weld a couple of stainless steel brace's on to the bracket to prevent it breaking in the first place ....Does anyone know if the 2018 has the same design and issues ?

Nice job this makes me think to take my front apart and just Tig weld a couple of stainless steel brace's on to the bracket to prevent it breaking in the first place ....Does anyone know if the 2018 has the same design and issues ?

No change that I could see when I had mine partially apart. I had a '17 and now have a '19.

I think it was just the 16-17’s

I'll add that I've managed not to break it on either one. That said I run a stock windshield with just a little lip deflector on top and mount my GPS to the handlebar.

No point welding stainless to a mild steel frame in my opinion. But yeah if you've already got it apart for another reason, beef that thing up, why not :D

No point welding stainless to a mild steel frame in my opinion. But yeah if you've already got it apart for another reason, beef that thing up, why not :D

No don't have it apart and stainless is the only stuff I have sitting around plenty small cut off pieces

Ok…getting ready to order a Corbin seat for my ‘18 AT. All set to buy…then started finding multiple complaints about seats not fitting & Corbin not responding to complaints. Anyone here had any problems with fit or customer service?

Travis, I'd sure try one of these first. Might save you $288.63, and it will be on your porch Friday.
I'm on my 3rd one and have about 40K miles under my butt.

Beadseat.jpg

Ok…getting ready to order a Corbin seat for my ‘18 AT. All set to buy…then started finding multiple complaints about seats not fitting & Corbin not responding to complaints. Anyone here had any problems with fit or customer service?
Hi consider to try this out if you sort of handy guy it made all the difference for me went from 2 hours to start feeling my a.... To easy 6 hours and more with no issues.

No problems here, I have had Corbin’s on all my bikes and never an issue

Back