• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Africa Twin thread

misterk

Forum Supporter
Have you ridden one? How does it compare to yours?
#1 I am completely content with my 2016. I have it set up exactly how I want. I am lacking nothing. However, I am at 61k miles. I do 20-30k per year.

More power - good, but I am happy with my 2016 power

5000 electronic adjustments- annoying

Gas tank issue on ATAS still there - bad, Honda is well aware of problem as well as the NTSB. This is why I am not in a hurry.

Electronic Suspension - not a fan, but improved suspension. I won’t need to customize until about 10k miles.

Reduced size of fork tunnel, better wind management.

bwdmax

Forum Supporter
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Turner
Wow I could have lived my whole life without seeing that. I have seen several Harley based scramblers and desert sled type bikes. I always think they are kind neat and wouldn't mind trying one, but that thing is lost on me. :puke:

Jarrett

Forum Supporter
His review of the 2016 is what drove me to my AT. Seems like he is still a fan of the bike.

That new display and all those buttons seem crazy though.

kubotamiketx

Forum Supporter
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Morisoli
Richard, I am pleading with you to put some real tires on your gal! That isn't right, she needs to feel like she can get dirty without slipping on the dance floor.

I replaced my stock tires pretty quickly. I find road tires off pavement sucks, but more aggressive tires are fine on pavement. I also got repeat pictures in my stock rear tire...

• Haha
Reactions: fly

Ocho

Forum Supporter
First Name
Jorge
Richard, I am pleading with you to put some real tires on your gal! That isn't right, she needs to feel like she can get dirty without slipping on the dance floor.
Yeah the street tires makes all these shots look weird to me haha. We need that ADV look.

First Name
Rich
Last Name
Emerson
2016 AT manual looking for recommendations on the plug & play fuel enricher at low rpm. Kubotamike mentioned there is one out there. Anybody?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

misterk

Forum Supporter
2016 AT manual looking for recommendations on the plug & play fuel enricher at low rpm. Kubotamike mentioned there is one out there. Anybody?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rich it is called a booster plug,

kubotamiketx

Forum Supporter
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Morisoli
That is what I put on my 2016 AT, but it is a PIA to install, you have to remove the tank and air-box. It works perfect, just not simple to install.

Someone has another device, not the booster plug that does the same thing, but connected into a dongle on the AT under the seat from what I remember. It is an electronic version that does the same thing. For the live of me I can't remember what it was called or who makes it... :(

The BoosterPlug made my AT into a trials bike compared to the twitchy stock ones, they are so lean the blubber right off idle. Also eliminated any backfiring too.