• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Africa Twin thread

First Name
Jay
Last Name
Birdsong
Thanks Mike. I'planning to install the booster plug and an Eastern Beaver relay when I do the 2k maintenance. Was thinking about the air filters at the same time but wasn't sure what to go with. Only reason I had any doubts about the K&N was access for regular maintenance.

First Name
Thomas
Last Name
Burnett
Does the booster plug help the twitchy throttle at low RPMs?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kubotamiketx

Forum Supporter
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Morisoli
You hit the nail on the head that is the one and only thing addresses

It doesn’t produce more power it doesn’t make it go faster it makes it a wonderful low-speed modulated dreamboat

First Name
Thomas
Last Name
Burnett
Great. I think i asked u this before, didn’t remember what u said. Thanks

misterk

Forum Supporter
You hit the nail on the head that is the one and only thing addresses

It doesn’t produce more power it doesn’t make it go faster it makes it a wonderful low-speed modulated dreamboat

Mike, there is another booster type plug that attaches to the 02 sensor, suppose to do the same thing. Do you have any thoughts between the 02 sensor by the exhaust or the booster plug?

misterk

Forum Supporter
Installed pc8

Plug and play.

0e9f8dce4b60819c3fafccda25c8f545.jpg

Now for the heated

7d3dfedce4d303c4df7218300a50b9e9.jpg

Got the givi trekker outback racks installed, downside is I have to remove the quick release mechanism for my mosko soft bags

3df3a72cf20475272a9a580525a6c834.jpg

Day 1 mods complete! I removed the Honda warning stickers from the tank (heat from hair dryer works great) and installed my HORNIG Handlebar Bag

I am waiting on Touratech bridged handlebar risers and side stand foot enlarger next week; these are the only two bits I was 100% sure about. I am still on the fence about Barkbusters (Storm?), crash bars & skid plate (OUTBACK MOTORTEK), soft pannier rack (OUTBACK MOTORTEK), knobbies (Michelin) for Bill Dragoo's class in April - not to mention sticker shock :eek2:

She came with a bunch of really good stuff from Giant Loop as part of the deal (pictured below at the Dallas Bike show, yeah she is photogenic).
IMG_3111.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

misterk

Forum Supporter
Bad to the bone....even got my grip puppies in!

Top case rack, camel dash support an foot peg brace should be here by Tuesday.

Got the plug and play brake light flasher from eastern beAver. Looks like next weekend to complete everything.

0102c9b9b4246ed73fe182b427016ab3.jpg

The Klim sticker will look great at Starbucks

943224e0e1880bd6cfb7ddd2654cce9f.jpg

08cb6e4f8f8362350be6b5b5d432a43b.jpg

Steering stabilizer I had for my xr650. The risers are moto adventure gear, quality piece!

d52999031da4411dec4444b11a6abbba.jpg

Last edited:

kubotamiketx

Forum Supporter
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Morisoli
Ok, I am impressed with the Rapid Bike AFR, wish this existed when I first got my twin I would have gone that route for sure. Much simpler installation and adjustable. Very cool...

I went with the Barkbusters on my Twin, they have worked great, only a single low side so far, but did the job perfectly. The bar end weights work great too.

First Name
Bryan
Last Name
Hughes
Wow, I haven't been on here in a long time. Nice to see some new parts for the AT.

I'm actually on the fence over selling the bike and buying a boat. I cold always get a cheap 250 for places like Big Bend.

I'm finding myself riding it more like a street bike than an ADV bike, taking more chances and riding faster. Basically, I'm getting board with it and I'm trying to get that heart pumping again. And that's NOT GOOD.

Maybe a few days off and a ride to some where I haven't been will do me good.

I have a boat that takes up a large amount of room in my shop after I got bored with it, still enjoying the AT. I am finding myself riding faster too.

kubotamiketx

Forum Supporter
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Morisoli
Boys and our toys, can we ever have enough or be truly satisfied ?

The only thing constant in life is change. We all move through differnt phases of life. I had a ski boat for many years, but that was more a young mans sport, or when i had young children it was a family thing. Once the grew up the boat was not needed so it is gone and i started to ride again.

By the way, you need a Husky 501 for Big Bend !!! :)

First Name
Bryan
Last Name
Hughes
I have a boat that takes up a large amount of room in my shop after I got bored with it, still enjoying the AT. I am finding myself riding faster too.
If it's a fish boat, maybe I can talk you into using it again!:trust:

Boys and our toys, can we ever have enough or be truly satisfied ?

The only thing constant in life is change. We all move through differnt phases of life. I had a ski boat for many years, but that was more a young mans sport, or when i had young children it was a family thing. Once the grew up the boat was not needed so it is gone and i started to ride again.

By the way, you need a Husky 501 for Big Bend !!! :)
Never enough. I don't ski, but love to fish. I just haven't done it in yrs. I have an Abu Garcia combo for the bike. I just need to find a good place to ride to. Set up camp and fish!

kubotamiketx

Forum Supporter
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Morisoli
I want to see the video of you picking her up with your feet slipping out from under you

First Name
Thomas
Last Name
Burnett
How did you have your traction control set?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

kubotamiketx

Forum Supporter
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Morisoli
I am guessing the wing is so heavy it just squished all the slim out so it had good traction

SpiritAtBay

Forum Supporter
I like your thinking, Mike.

Note to self: if there is a GW in the group and you are at a water crossing, follow the Wing!

kubotamiketx

Forum Supporter
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Morisoli
Gina, i am in Johnson City for the next few days, at least honk if you drive by :)

misterk

Forum Supporter
I had it on 3 bars, but it just takes one little blip of the throttle and no recovery time. Good news: I was standing up, so I just stepped off the bike.

kubotamiketx

Forum Supporter
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Morisoli
I don’t know about his ride?

First Name
Thomas
Last Name
Burnett
That was most likely me. Heading to work. Somethings the AT, sometimes the KLR, sometimes the Cannondale Jekyll.

kubotamiketx

Forum Supporter
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Morisoli
That’s the proper way to use a Twin, great job

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

misterk

Forum Supporter
I installed my camel tank today. Very well engineered,

e33508f77222ad16828649128331219d.jpg

eca337f865f38de72a7990320297cdd3.jpg

Hardest part was the canister
ea3537f16ddc10e4d68ac31c7c73b0ff.jpg

I assume the brass fitting by the tank is for other bracket systems?

27909746362f415587603eb475af4cb0.jpg

First Name
Bryan
Last Name
Hughes
what is the issue?
Nothing with the bike. I've had nothing but good times on it. But riding solo just isn't for me. Being single and now kidless, I have more time on my hands than I know what to do with.

It's kind of funny and sad if you think about it. I bought the bike as a means to escape the grind of being a single parent and all the B S that came with dealing with school and teenage stuff. It was nice to be able to get out on the road and have some alone time.

But now that I am alone, I don't want to ride because it's boring. This isn't a pity party, it's nice to have this issue. It's just now I'm not sure what I want to do with the time I have, now that I have so much.

Maybe it would be different if there were other guys/girls that were looking for riding partners that wanted to go places on the weekends. But right now, 95% of my riding is to work and back. I could trade it in for a sport touring, or sell it and buy a boat (which more that likely I'd end up feeling the same after the first summer), or buy another little car to mod and beat up on.

I don't know. It may just be me going through empty nest syndrome. lol

After having two kids come and go, retiring early early because of cancer and currently helping my wife recover from breast cancer I might have felt the way you do several times, and a boat, new car or bike was not the answer-still working on that-just got my Medicare card-If you want to ride sometime just pm me.

...But now that I am alone, I don't want to ride because it's boring. This isn't a pity party, it's nice to have this issue. It's just now I'm not sure what I want to do with the time I have, now that I have so much...
Maybe if you added a new model pillon it might cure your dilema. But pillon must enjoy riding. Would be your perfect match for adventure travels.

_

First Name
Bryan
Last Name
Hughes
Maybe if you added a new model pillon it might cure your dilema. But pillon must enjoy riding. Would be your perfect match for adventure travels.

_
LOL, no. I could never have a pillion. IF I ever messed up and wreck and she got hurt I'd never ride again. Now if she had her own!:trust: