• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Africa Twin thread

Thanks Mike. I'planning to install the booster plug and an Eastern Beaver relay when I do the 2k maintenance. Was thinking about the air filters at the same time but wasn't sure what to go with. Only reason I had any doubts about the K&N was access for regular maintenance.

Does the booster plug help the twitchy throttle at low RPMs?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You hit the nail on the head that is the one and only thing addresses

It doesn’t produce more power it doesn’t make it go faster it makes it a wonderful low-speed modulated dreamboat

Great. I think i asked u this before, didn’t remember what u said. Thanks

You hit the nail on the head that is the one and only thing addresses

It doesn’t produce more power it doesn’t make it go faster it makes it a wonderful low-speed modulated dreamboat

Mike, there is another booster type plug that attaches to the 02 sensor, suppose to do the same thing. Do you have any thoughts between the 02 sensor by the exhaust or the booster plug?

Installed pc8

Plug and play.

0e9f8dce4b60819c3fafccda25c8f545.jpg

Now for the heated

7d3dfedce4d303c4df7218300a50b9e9.jpg

Got the givi trekker outback racks installed, downside is I have to remove the quick release mechanism for my mosko soft bags

3df3a72cf20475272a9a580525a6c834.jpg

Kevin,

Where did you see the booster plug that goes on the CO2 senser?

Day 1 mods complete! I removed the Honda warning stickers from the tank (heat from hair dryer works great) and installed my HORNIG Handlebar Bag

I am waiting on Touratech bridged handlebar risers and side stand foot enlarger next week; these are the only two bits I was 100% sure about. I am still on the fence about Barkbusters (Storm?), crash bars & skid plate (OUTBACK MOTORTEK), soft pannier rack (OUTBACK MOTORTEK), knobbies (Michelin) for Bill Dragoo's class in April - not to mention sticker shock :eek2:

She came with a bunch of really good stuff from Giant Loop as part of the deal (pictured below at the Dallas Bike show, yeah she is photogenic).
IMG_3111.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Bad to the bone....even got my grip puppies in!

Top case rack, camel dash support an foot peg brace should be here by Tuesday.

Got the plug and play brake light flasher from eastern beAver. Looks like next weekend to complete everything.

0102c9b9b4246ed73fe182b427016ab3.jpg

The Klim sticker will look great at Starbucks [emoji4]

943224e0e1880bd6cfb7ddd2654cce9f.jpg

08cb6e4f8f8362350be6b5b5d432a43b.jpg

Steering stabilizer I had for my xr650. The risers are moto adventure gear, quality piece!

d52999031da4411dec4444b11a6abbba.jpg

Last edited:
Ok, I am impressed with the Rapid Bike AFR, wish this existed when I first got my twin I would have gone that route for sure. Much simpler installation and adjustable. Very cool...

I went with the Barkbusters on my Twin, they have worked great, only a single low side so far, but did the job perfectly. The bar end weights work great too.

Wow, I haven't been on here in a long time. Nice to see some new parts for the AT.

I'm actually on the fence over selling the bike and buying a boat. I cold always get a cheap 250 for places like Big Bend.

I'm finding myself riding it more like a street bike than an ADV bike, taking more chances and riding faster. Basically, I'm getting board with it and I'm trying to get that heart pumping again. And that's NOT GOOD.

Maybe a few days off and a ride to some where I haven't been will do me good.

I have a boat that takes up a large amount of room in my shop after I got bored with it, still enjoying the AT. I am finding myself riding faster too.

Boys and our toys, can we ever have enough or be truly satisfied ?

The only thing constant in life is change. We all move through differnt phases of life. I had a ski boat for many years, but that was more a young mans sport, or when i had young children it was a family thing. Once the grew up the boat was not needed so it is gone and i started to ride again.

By the way, you need a Husky 501 for Big Bend !!! :)

I have a boat that takes up a large amount of room in my shop after I got bored with it, still enjoying the AT. I am finding myself riding faster too.

If it's a fish boat, maybe I can talk you into using it again!:trust:

Boys and our toys, can we ever have enough or be truly satisfied ?

The only thing constant in life is change. We all move through differnt phases of life. I had a ski boat for many years, but that was more a young mans sport, or when i had young children it was a family thing. Once the grew up the boat was not needed so it is gone and i started to ride again.

By the way, you need a Husky 501 for Big Bend !!! :)

Never enough. I don't ski, but love to fish. I just haven't done it in yrs. I have an Abu Garcia combo for the bike. I just need to find a good place to ride to. Set up camp and fish!

I want to see the video of you picking her up with your feet slipping out from under you

Back