• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Africa Twin thread

Got mine broke in today lol

8079fd3bf329e93aa7d4359354d54a0f.jpg
How did the Wing do coming the other direction?

no problem with the car tire. I forgot to take the DCT out of S1 and move to D. I touched that throttle and brapppp plunk.

So a Wing is a better dual sport bike than and African Twin. Interesting.:lol2:

How did you have your traction control set?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I am guessing the wing is so heavy it just squished all the slim out so it had good traction

I like your thinking, Mike.

Note to self: if there is a GW in the group and you are at a water crossing, follow the Wing!

Gina, i am in Johnson City for the next few days, at least honk if you drive by :)

I had it on 3 bars, but it just takes one little blip of the throttle and no recovery time. Good news: I was standing up, so I just stepped off the bike.

I don’t know about his ride?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gotta try that in the sand at that low speed and see if it works, can't use the back brake

Passed a AT on Guadalupe by 2222 this morning. Grey, anyone on here?

Pigs CAN fly :lol2:

Log jumping last week at Bill Dragoo's Adventure Rider Training in Oklahoma

Attachments

• IMG_23711.jpg
    IMG_23711.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 206
That was most likely me. Heading to work. Somethings the AT, sometimes the KLR, sometimes the Cannondale Jekyll.

That’s the proper way to use a Twin, great job

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I installed my camel tank today. Very well engineered,

e33508f77222ad16828649128331219d.jpg

eca337f865f38de72a7990320297cdd3.jpg

Hardest part was the canister
ea3537f16ddc10e4d68ac31c7c73b0ff.jpg

I assume the brass fitting by the tank is for other bracket systems?

27909746362f415587603eb475af4cb0.jpg

Nice! I'd like one but I'm struggling with keeping it or not already.

what is the issue?

Nothing with the bike. I've had nothing but good times on it. But riding solo just isn't for me. Being single and now kidless, I have more time on my hands than I know what to do with.

It's kind of funny and sad if you think about it. I bought the bike as a means to escape the grind of being a single parent and all the B S that came with dealing with school and teenage stuff. It was nice to be able to get out on the road and have some alone time.

But now that I am alone, I don't want to ride because it's boring. This isn't a pity party, it's nice to have this issue. It's just now I'm not sure what I want to do with the time I have, now that I have so much.

Maybe it would be different if there were other guys/girls that were looking for riding partners that wanted to go places on the weekends. But right now, 95% of my riding is to work and back. I could trade it in for a sport touring, or sell it and buy a boat (which more that likely I'd end up feeling the same after the first summer), or buy another little car to mod and beat up on.

I don't know. It may just be me going through empty nest syndrome. lol

After having two kids come and go, retiring early early because of cancer and currently helping my wife recover from breast cancer I might have felt the way you do several times, and a boat, new car or bike was not the answer-still working on that-just got my Medicare card-If you want to ride sometime just pm me.

...But now that I am alone, I don't want to ride because it's boring. This isn't a pity party, it's nice to have this issue. It's just now I'm not sure what I want to do with the time I have, now that I have so much...

Maybe if you added a new model pillon it might cure your dilema. But pillon must enjoy riding. Would be your perfect match for adventure travels.

_

Maybe if you added a new model pillon it might cure your dilema. But pillon must enjoy riding. Would be your perfect match for adventure travels.

_

LOL, no. I could never have a pillion. IF I ever messed up and wreck and she got hurt I'd never ride again. Now if she had her own!:trust:

Back