• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

DAL/FTW: AFT Half-Mile Races at Texas Motor Speedway This Saturday

Reaction score
First Name
David
Last Name
Allen
Tickets purchased, first time for this event/venue. Any advice from someone who's attended the event previously? Parking? General Admission seating? Backpack, BYO food/beverage allowed? I'm assuming no jumbotron, would binoculars be worthwhile?

I'm considering going as well so will be interested in any feedback you get. I live just 15 miles from there

It is a good race once it gets started. Motorcycle parking is up front. No need for binos you are right on the track. Bring money for food, no outside stuff can be brought in usually. The half mile race track is short enough to keep the riders close. On the mile tracks they spread out and the Indians run away from everyone else. The 450 class is always good.

You can stand up close enough to all the action. Spend some time near turn 4 to see real flat track sliding and riding. Stand down past the start/finish line to see passes. Watch from a bit farther down towards turn 1 to hear the bikes bouncing off the rev-limiters at top speed. Up in the stands you can see action on the back straight.

It is an awesome show. You will be impressed.

Back