• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

After Thanksgiving Arkansas / Oklahoma Dual Sport Ride

Oops, sorry, didn't know!!
No problem. Just didn't work out. At the end, it was just going to be 2 of us and the weather was iffy for camping. We were both..."meh" ... about it so we decided to go some other time.

I mean, if you find yourself not really excited about a ride for whatever reason...why go?

Correct, took along time to learn that but now if ain't fun I don't "just" do it. There's another day.

My 2 sons left out of Gainesville took the OAT spent the night Friday night in Heavener. Said the adventure trail up wasn't much of an adventure. Saturday they rode over to 3 Sticks and then took the K-Trail west to the Clayton Trail in to Clayton and wound their way back to Gainesville. They didn't get rained on til almost back to Gainesville and only light sprinkle. Number 1 son did get wet though. Dropped bike in deep long puddle on the K-Trail. Got soaked and filled both boots. Long ride back to Gainesville. Number 2 son got the sequence on his phone, maybe he'll post them. They said there were several long deep puddles with no bypass. Justin and I rode the Clayton/K-Trail last in July 2018. He said it is significantly rougher now than it was then. Especially the Clayton trail section which has always been more difficult than the K-Trail. Also said much of K-Trail had been made into power line road. Saw lots of 4wheel drives pulling trailers hauling Side X sides. Saw lots of deer hunters in camps, all were friendly and waved. Number 1 son evidently took several soil samples and on 1 a deer hunter came over and helped him unstick his bike. On way back from Clayton they were taking logging roads and evidently entered a zone restricted for hunters only. They were stopped by a Ranger and had to turn around and leave. No problem and said he was pleasant. They got back to the entrance and sure enough there was a very small sign that said only hunters were allowed in during season. When they got back to Graham #1 son looked like a little old man walking in the house.
I sure would have liked to make this one. They had a great time.

Didn't mean to hijack you thread.

Some day (not during deer season), I would like to run the OAT up to around Talequah, and catch that Green Country Oklahoma Adventure Tour. I drove through there coming back from Eureka Springs back in October, and it looked interesting. There is an old thread on it here:

Maybe even incorporate some of this in there:

Some day (not during deer season), I would like to run the OAT up to around Talequah, and catch that Green Country Oklahoma Adventure Tour. I drove through there coming back from Eureka Springs back in October, and it looked interesting. There is an old thread on it here:

Maybe even incorporate some of this in there:

Done both. Oklahoma is fun to explore. There aren't many GPS tracks available in the area. There are some Very wide open dirt roads if you like to blow out the cobwebs. The 500 was more fun than the 1290.

Last edited:
I do have a few pics of the bath

Attachments

• 20201128_092745.jpg
    20201128_092745.jpg
    371.7 KB · Views: 189
  • 20201128_092746.jpg
    20201128_092746.jpg
    378.5 KB · Views: 192
  • 20201128_092747.jpg
    20201128_092747.jpg
    380.7 KB · Views: 197
For K trail riders.. there is about 5 miles, maybe less, where the Clayton trail turns into wide open service roads for windmills.

However, those roads don't continue all the way to Nine Pine road. We got to the dead ends on the west side, and I thought we would have to backtrack to find a way out. Then we checked the satellite images on Google maps, and decided the old Clayton trail would be about 20 feet away, so we backtracked and found a cut through to the old route. Unfortunately it is WAY rougher now, especially that first mile after leaving the windmill roads.

I'm not entirely sure that part (10 miles of the Clayton trail) is still a public road to be honest, but there was no signage.

Back