• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Airplane - gun port

Reaction score
Here is a photo I put up on my blog (http://scottb365photo.com/) yesterday:

758006088_uG3Xg-M.jpg

EXIF Data:

758013708_f6oju-M.jpg

And the original:

758013820_EJN2g-M.jpg

Editing of my photos is OK

Scott maybe we should have poster indicate either in their sig line or in the post if editing their photos by members in this thread only is ok with them.

Re: Critique My Photo thread...

STScott-
I had no idea what your picture was until the second post which gave me context. I like the context shot much better if only for the reason I know what I'm looking at.

I'll add that you nailed the focus point in that I'm drawn to the hole. What's behind it?

STScott,

For me, interesting technically, but not visually.
The end of the machine gun barrel has no context, and thus just appears to be a flat object floating in space, almost like it was a merge of 2 photos. I'd rather see another angle that puts it in context.

STScott-
I had no idea what your picture was until the second post which gave me context. I like the context shot much better if only for the reason I know what I'm looking at.

I'll add that you nailed the focus point in that I'm drawn to the hole. What's behind it?

STScott,

For me, interesting technically, but not visually.
The end of the machine gun barrel has no context, and thus just appears to be a flat object floating in space, almost like it was a merge of 2 photos. I'd rather see another angle that puts it in context.

I guess this one of those "you had to be there to get it" photos...it is the belly turret of a WWII bomber...I was trying to isolate different parts of the plane that struck me when I was walking around it.

Here is what I wrote in my blog about the photo:

"Along with the SR71 there are many other planes on display, including several WWII bombers. While walking around one of them (I forgot to record the model number…sorry) I was struck by how small the belly turrets are….I can’t imagine what that gunner was feeling/thinking during a bombing run. Stuck in that small bubble watching anti aircraft fire trying to bring his plane down as he was looking for the smaller faster Luftwaffe fighters that wanted to shoot his plane down….talk about balls of steel!!!"

The photo probably makes more sense with the above description.

Lesson learned. :eek2::doh:

Thanks guys. :clap:

Back