• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Al Lamb's Dallas Honda

Reaction score
Has anyone shopped there? Do they give buyers a good deal? How's service?

I haven't been there, but I filled out the form on their website about a bike I was interested in and they never got back to me. If you show up in person you might have better luck.

They let me test ride a DCT Africa Twin in 2018. First bike I had been on fresh out of the MSF Basic class.

I *almost* dropped it in the back parking lot, but caught it and dead lifted it back up out of sheer fear.

They weren't flexible on the price, so I bought a DCT AT from a dealer down the road who was.

The few times I went in there looking at bikes after that, they either blew me off or quoted me full price. I finally quit stopping by.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've known Al for years and have talked the business side with him as well. Right now, supplies on bikes (depending on what you want) are so limited they'd be crazy to negotiate on some models. Small dirtbikes are in such limited supply they can sell them at full MSRP in a matter of days but I've also never known him to go above MSRP when there is excess demand. The margins are pretty small on those already so even in good times they can't move much unless Honda puts some incentive money on them. (e.g. difference from invoice to full MSRP on a CRF50 is less than $50). For a lot of models, Al works hard to buy up warehouse sales and get inventory from smaller dealers to get better pricing. He'll treat you fairly but you'd be amazed at how many people expect him to sell product at a loss then complain that he's being unreasonable OR want a discount on the newest model with the highest demand and a waiting list. As for service, he has some great long-term people in the service and parts department, but I don't know all of them. Teddy Poovey runs the service department and is a quality guy. Give him the chance to earn your business.

As for service, he has some great long-term people in the service and parts department, but I don't know all of them. Teddy Poovey runs the service department and is a quality guy. Give him the chance to earn your business.
Teddy was there when I started working there in high school in 1983! He may have been an employee since day 1 of the dealership.

Back