• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Albuquerque, NM May 17-19 - Anyone have trails they recommend?

Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Last Name
Cooper
I'm flying in on Firday morning, renting a DRZ400 and finding as many trails as I can before I leave Sunday afternoon. I'm bringing camping gear but mostly as a backup. I'd rather Airbnb in the evenings. Can anyone recommend some good trails, preferably with camping areas? If you know anyone there who might be willing to show me around that would be great.

Wow, thanks so much. Just what I was looking for.

South of 40 on 337 stop at the Sandia Ranger station. They have trail maps for the area. I recomend you eat your Wheaties that morning.

Attachments

• DSCF0043fix.jpg
    DSCF0043fix.jpg
    608.9 KB · Views: 192
I cannot help with the trails but eat at The Owl Cafe on the north side of town if you get a chance. Good food and a clean biker friendly cafe.

There is a gravel road up Sandia Peak from the north if you are looking for something easy. The paved road is fun if nobody else is on it.

Back