• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Along the Road

Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Last Name
Chesley
004.jpg

Camera Maker: KONICA MINOLTA
Camera Model: DiMAGE Z6
Image Date: 2012-02-03 15:12:30 (no TZ)
Focal Length: 69.5mm (35mm equivalent: 420mm)
Aperture: f/7.1
Exposure Time: 0.0080 s (1/125)
ISO equiv: 50
Exposure Bias: none
Metering Mode: Matrix
Exposure: Landscape Mode
White Balance: Auto
Flash Fired: No (enforced)
Color Space: sRGB
GPS Coordinate: undefined, undefined
Photographer: Picasa
Caption: KONICA MINOLTA DIGITAL CAMERA
Software: DiMAGE Z6 v1.00

interesting photo. that's a whole lotta birds.

I would suggest:
- rotate the image slightly counterclockwise to level the horizon
- it looks like a chromatic shift like a magenta halo--not sure what's going on to cause that or to fix but the sky also looks a little magenta to me.
- don't know if you could have shifted your POV to avoid the distracting background but sometimes a couple of feet left or right can change the background clutter.

Man that's a lot of duck and goose pooh.... And I have to meet this photographer named Picasa - I hear he's a heck of a painter too. :mrgreen:

I see the magenta in the sky of which Gary speaks. Did you do any post on this or was there a tint actually there in the sky?

I think the title is appropriate as there's a bunch of 'stuff' in the shot which I presume is Along The Road. In that respect, I think you captured that part.

Next time if you can, maybe consider trying to work on just the flock and the field of green/water? Or try to isolate a couple birds and wait for one taking off, in flight or just landing. Those kind of action shots work well. (just look at some of the birds in flight, they're a bit more interesting)

And I'm thinking the image is a tad bit tilted to the right?

17Mar12BoandRandy.jpg

This one of those shots that when riding along, you think, this would make a good shot if I can get the angle right. Not often I do group rides but this was headed for a Run for Disable Vets in Lake Charles, La. put on by the Combat Vets ***.

I was looking at that rider on the right and realized he's either riding side saddle or is missing his left leg. Disabled vets kinda answered that. I liked that there's two more cyclists in the mirror.

I had a Z6 camera too. It suffered from Chromatic Aberration. I didn't know you could use software to fix most of it. Everything kind of had a bluish/purple hue to it. Sold the camera. Images with it were kind of on the cold side. Both of these photos are with overcast skies so the colors aren't as rich.

The rider on the right is a great friend. Lost his left leg due to getting t-boned at an intersection many years back. That's his crutches sticking up in the back. I ride with this group every once in awhile and they are used to me taking pictures on the move.
Here's one I took riding along side my buddy on a run for a fallen kid.
JackPorter12Mar11.jpg

Hope you don't mind but I reedited your photo on my iPad ...
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1340341847.355738.jpg

Using snapseed ...!
Took only 3 minutes

Back