• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Alternatives to LONE STAR rally in Galveston?

Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
According to Lone Star's page, they are canceling the rally this year, but I suspect by the time it cools down and November is approaching everyone will be ready to ride. Does anyone know of alternatives to Lone Star rally? I was considering going down there anyways and camping and riding around if restaurants are open just because I know there will end up being allot of riders regardless if the weather is good.

I’m usually up in arkansas enjoying the twisties that time of year. No LSR means there may be a few more bikes in the mountains this year.

Check out the Ozarks Butler map

It's got all the twisty goodness.

IMG_07681023.jpg

Horrible you say?! I could understand if it's not your cup of tea, but horrible? Seems a little extreme lol

Thats pretty cool. I haven't seen that before.

I am reading that their Governor in Arkansas is also doing the "Texas 2 - step" . Open up, then order everyone closed again. I am trying to avoid States that have this problem going on as I don't want to stop off somewhere thinking I can eat, and cannot. However, if I make this a pure camping thing which I can, then at that point my only concern is road closures through public parks and National Forests and so on because of State closures of their parks because they are full of Covid. Bottom line is I don't wanna run into any closures if possible. Lots of States have "NO ORDERS" of any kind like South Carolina, so they are operating at normal levels.

I am reading that their Governor in Arkansas is also doing the "Texas 2 - step" . Open up, then order everyone closed again. I am trying to avoid States that have this problem going on as I don't want to stop off somewhere thinking I can eat, and cannot. However, if I make this a pure camping thing which I can, then at that point my only concern is road closures through public parks and National Forests and so on because of State closures of their parks because they are full of Covid. Bottom line is I don't wanna run into any closures if possible. Lots of States have "NO ORDERS" of any kind like South Carolina, so they are operating at normal levels.

Lots of “what if’s” packed in that post.

I tend to view “what if’s” = adventure

You are correct. That would be a good reason to lean more to the camping aspect of it, in otherwords any adventure ride I go on, best to be as self sufficient as possible which I can do, that way you always have an alternative to things being shutdown or closed. All my equipment has been proven to work while covered in viruses, however I cannot say the same for restaurants and such.

On a lighter note, has anyone tried to "grill" on their exhaust pipes on a bike? I have seen people do make shift cooking with foil by packing stuff and double foiling it and shoving it down around the exhaust on pickups, like Tim the Toolman did that, and they even make underhood cookers now. You don't have allot of room on a bike though. Maybe shove in in the V-Twin between the heads.

I like taking smoked meats, vacuum packing portions so i can wrap em in aluminum foil and bungee that under the hood of my jeep when out wheeling. People get pretty envious when you cut into the bag and the smoker fresh aroma hits the airwaves at lunch stop.

Basically almost any secondary road in the NW part of the state is outstanding!

RB

Back