• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Alternatives to LONE STAR rally in Galveston?

I have been in the Ozarks only once and that was coiming back through Arkansas as a teenager, we were visiting relatives in Indiana and we cut through the corner there in Oklahoma through the Ozarks just to see the mountains and YES i remember every road being scenic and there was allot of scenic overlook spots that are on the side of the road to pull off at. I also remember the brakes catching on fire on my dads RV which was an old cab over Dodge with a 360 in it.

So back to planning alternatives to the Lone Star Rally. The Ozarks would be cool in September/October. Is their anything official going on up there at that time? Are the big Ozarks National parks open in Arkansas and Oklahoma?

ark_trip_021.jpg

UPDATE - We are staying at the Gafftoppers Club on Galveston Island November 5-7th.

I happen to have the name and number of the guy who runs the Gafftoppers Club and he answered and is letting us stay there in the RV for 3 nights. Email me if you are serious about going and I will give you his number. You can probably just show up, and its on Google Maps and just pay cash. He is cutting us a deal, but it has been $50 a night in the past if you have an RV. Even though Galveston Island itself has canceled their events. I still expect plenty of bikes if we get good weather, because I have friends who go every year and they are still going. I have to show off my Honda DN-01 somewhere.

They have moved the events to the Galveston Fairgrounds in Hitchcock, TX. Here is a link.

Gafftoppers Club Link:

I bet a lot of folks will be there as normal.

Back