• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

AMA Kenda Revlimiter Extreme Rocky Ridge

Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Gaines
March 2-3, 2019 Rocky Ridge
We will be there cheering on the Beta riders.

I've raced and ridden at Rocky ridge for years. I never liked the black dirt and the fact it was so small. That said, the Extreme Enduro is really pretty cool. I rode the course the day before the race last year and had a lot of fun. Look it up on youtube and you can see what last year was like. I'm old so I prefer tight technical single track like Bill's Woods, but this Extreme Enduro is pretty fun.

I've ridden Rocky Ridge for years because it is local. The little bit of challenging trails they used to have out there were ruined by quadtards long ago. How can 2 rock gardens and 2 hill climbs be called "extreme"?

Check it out on Youtube. Cody Webb won it and he's the top 2 in the world. Maybe you should take up Extreme Enduro. It ain't nuthin' for a stepper!

The main, well ridden stuff at Rocky Ridge isn't technical, but there are plenty of trails that aren't well traveled and have no evidence of quads. Some of those can get fairly gnarly.

I think I'll try to be out there. Might even sign up, will decide tonight..

Not a fan of the livelaps site.. tried to register and I cant find the event. I think maybe registration is closed. I can see the event and existing registrations, and it says to sign in as participant to register.

But when I sign in it doesnt show up in the list of open events..

Raced TCCRA in the 80's and we did RR about twice a year. It was always a fast track. I can see if what we called "carpet hill" washed out it could get gnarly. That black dirt when wet is like grease. Wet grease on the track caused me to hit a tree in the bottom so hard it "rocked" my world. When everything stopped shaking I was standing there holding the tree. My friends told me when they stop to check if I was OK , all I was saying was "just don't move the tree" It was the only thing keeping me upright..... bike (Yamaha IT200) was several feet away and in sad shape also.

I think I'll try to be out there. Might even sign up, will decide tonight..
Serious question, are you Pro or this open to amateurs too? Not familiar with it, but Cody is one of the best in the world.

Anyone can enter. Know 2 guys that entered. Both C riders. One finished though. Good for him!

but did the c rider finish high enough saturday to race the pro event sunday? there is a class for everyone saturday. the top 150 riders are invited to race a second race saturday and then the top 75 race sunday against the pros on the extreme version with many hard sections added if i understand the format.

Serious question, are you Pro or this open to amateurs too? Not familiar with it, but Cody is one of the best in the world.
Not a pro- I enter something every year or two just to remind myself how out of shape I am. I run c class in hare scramble and b in enduros. If I had the endurance I had 20yrs ago I'd probably run a class higher in each.

Not a pro- I enter something every year or two just to remind myself how out of shape I am. I run c class in hare scramble and b in enduros. If I had the endurance I had 20yrs ago I'd probably run a class higher in each.
From the pictures this is over my head now, I can't deal with fighting the bike that much!! Good for you!

Back