• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

AMA racers, GNCC and NEPG

woodsguy

Ride Red
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Last Name
Vaughan
130832406_3544151355669158_8281181039025202986_o.jpg

Wonder if that has more to do with riders and their Youtube channels competing for space as opposed to the AMA
broadcasting more content instead of safety

Wonder if that has more to do with riders and their Youtube channels competing for space as opposed to the AMA
broadcasting more content instead of safety
They can still wear cameras, just not on their helmets. They have already started wearing chest mounts I think.

Good on the AMA for wasting time instead of doing something to help grow the sport.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

I believe some bright guy SCREWED the camera to his helmet.

This is a safety issue and has been restricted by most racing orgs already, just makes it official at the top level. Helmets are designed / made to basically skip off of the pavement and thereby transfer less force to the head. Any object attached to the helmet creates a torque point, increasing likelihood of head and neck injuries.

Well I guess they can mount the LitPro data unit to the bike instead of on the helmet. There are plenty of chest mounts out there to use

I understand the safety as I had a GoPro ripped off my helmet mount on a branch riding singletrack that gave my neck one wicked pull before the mount
gave up

But it says all amateurs so the Pros can still do it????

Well I guess they can mount the LitPro data unit to the bike instead of on the helmet. There are plenty of chest mounts out there to use

I understand the safety as I had a GoPro ripped off my helmet mount on a branch riding singletrack that gave my neck one wicked pull before the mount
gave up

But it says all amateurs so the Pros can still do it????
Rule is for everyone as far as I can tell.

"Updated to include amateurs" would mean that it is for pro and amateur in my understanding.

I have my go pro set up so that it easily bends over if it catches on something.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Today the American Motorcyclist Association made a change to the 2021 Rulebook, stating that foreign objects were no longer allowed to be attached to helmets, such as cameras or other accessories. This will only affect AMA Sanctioned events.

Back