• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Ambrosia

WoodButcher

Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Rusty
Last Name
Myers
It was margarita time at the Myers house last night and I got distracted by the light box on the way from the liquor cabinet to the kitchen.

IMG_2338.jpg

Anyway, equal parts of each and you have the nectar of the gods. I see that I need to cover the window behind my back when I shoot. Or move the box somewhere else. All I've done is white balance and crop in this shot. Just looking for comments on color/sharpness and ideas to make it more interesting. Maybe a glass with one made?

Ok, now that is just too weird. J and I had margs last night and we used the exact same tequila and triple sec. No photos though.

overall, good product still shot

small critiques
- as you mentioned, the reflection off the Leroux bottle
- I'd turn the tequila bottle slightly one way or another so it's not a straight on "mug" shot
- I'd find better looking limes and slice one of them. Also, 3 limes for better balance, maybe. Groups 3's and 5's rather than pair's. :shrug:
- One on the rocks with salt, maybe, in the pic, but it might get too busy. I guess it depends on what you want to say with the image. Another element might be a shaker with condensation on it or a blender with ingredients at the pre-blend stage. As it is, it's the first "step" in the story.
:thumb:

Bring me one and I'll tell you what I think. Shaken, no salt.

I'm with Kurt on this one..... Give me three or four and I'll tell you anything you want about the shot. ;-)

Seriously, you picked up on some of the things I would have mentioned. I'd maybe also bump the reds and greens to make 'em pop just a bit more.

Cant' wait to see what comes next from "The Box".

Blender? What's a blender? We use a little folding juicer.

Good idea on the limes. We only had one big one and a bunch of small ones, which I don't like. However some fresh ones and a cut one would definitely help. A lot of the pictures I'm doing these days are spur of the moment learning ones. After I shoot them and look them over I see how I could have staged them better. Or I ask here. Hopefully that will lead to me seeing the next "step" before I take that first shot.

I'll try tonight while the next batch is in progress. :eek2: Good thing I use a tripod for these shots. :rofl:

Back